PDA

View Full Version : Preview May Operating Calendar for Magic Kingdom

Butchiem1
01-14-2015, 09:36 AM
Hi Everyone on Intercot,

I hope someone can help me, as you usually do on these boards.

I am going to Walt Disney World in May this year, just me and my Disney Princess:mickey:. I started to do my planning and I am looking at the Operating calendar FOR May 2015 on the Official Website and it says MK closes 12AM on May 3 and May 4, on all the other websites (including this one) when you go to the May operating calendar it shows MK closing at 10PM. Should I assume the Official Website is correct? and if so, why do all the other calendars show something different?

Thanks in advance

Nathan

VWL Mom
01-14-2015, 10:11 AM
The official calendar is the one posted on the Disney site. Even that may change 10 more times before (or even during) your trip. The other calendars are the hours when the month was first released. As much as we try, it's not always possible to keep up with the constant changes.

joonyer
01-14-2015, 02:08 PM
Here is the best park calendar/schedule I have found online.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_may.pdf

It's published by Disney for travel agents. But even it changes as Disney changes the hours, so you need to check back every couple of weeks or so. Disney changes park hours regularly, especially for MK AK, and DHS (not such much at Epcot) so you cannot count on any published park hours being accurate months in advance.

tjstrike
01-14-2015, 11:48 PM
Hi Everyone on Intercot,

I hope someone can help me, as you usually do on these boards.

I am going to Walt Disney World in May this year, just me and my Disney Princess:mickey:. I started to do my planning and I am looking at the Operating calendar FOR May 2015 on the Official Website and it says MK closes 12AM on May 3 and May 4, on all the other websites (including this one) when you go to the May operating calendar it shows MK closing at 10PM. Should I assume the Official Website is correct? and if so, why do all the other calendars show something different?

Thanks in advance

Nathan

Looks like the difference you're seeing is EMH. 2 hrs of PM EMH at MK from 10-12.

PopPhan
01-15-2015, 08:36 AM
Looks like the difference you're seeing is EMH. 2 hrs of PM EMH at MK from 10-12.

That is what I thought at first, as well. But, then I looked at the other parks and the times listed for them. None of the other parks have the Evening EMH added to their hours and NONE of the parks have the Morning EMH hour added.

I am thinking that they are expecting higher crowds and have lengthened the park hours accordingly.