PDA

View Full Version : FP+ candlelight processional

ANG
01-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Is there a FP+ for the Candlelight Processional? If so, is it really needed?

I'm not super happy with having to spend 2 dining credits for the dinner package. But having done FP+ for Fantasmic, I see the luxury from waiting over an hour in line.

Strmchsr
01-13-2015, 04:36 PM
No FP for the Candlelight Processional. You have to either do the dining package or wait in the horrendously long (usually 2-3 hour) standby line. Even if you do the dining package you need to be in line 45-60 min before the performance. If you don't want to spend the dining credits, then you can pay for the package out of pocket and use your credits elsewhere.

Pirate Granny
01-13-2015, 05:33 PM
My feeling is that most of the restaurants are not worth spending two credits for the candlelight. We do out of pocket. Last year France and Canada opted out of the CP packages. We did Canada package in 2013. :secret:

OH but do book a package, it's such a lovely program and there is no guarantee that you will get in using the standby line. When Whoopie was there they started lining up in standby line by 1pm for the 5:30 show....

Checkers
01-13-2015, 08:34 PM
We were there this year and did the early show and had a late lunch at Rose & Crown. We paid out of pocket but felt it was worth every penny. TIW is not accepted for the packages.

DonaldDuck1117
01-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Or you could just stand on the midway behind the last row. That's what we did this year. I really don't care fir the show. I've seen it twice now and I just don't get what all the hype is about. :confused:

DizneyRox
01-14-2015, 05:29 AM
Or you could just stand on the midway behind the last row. That's what we did this year. I really don't care fir the show. I've seen it twice now and I just don't get what all the hype is about. :confused:

Agreed... Saw it once, didn't hate it, but wouldn't wait in line for it again. Don't even think I'd stop and watch it from the midway.

ANG
01-14-2015, 08:59 AM
We've just never done it and it's on my bucket list

SurferStitch
01-14-2015, 11:41 AM
DH and I walk up a few minutes before the show, and just stand in the back. We always have a great view, and our photos and video would make you think we were in maybe the 10th row!

I wouldn't even wait in the package line for the show. It's very nice, and we love being able to see several readers each trip, but since we have seen it a fair amount over the years, waiting for a seat isn't something we're willing to do. We even like to sit on the fountain wall in the America pavillion and just listen to the show sometimes, snacking on some funnel cake!

We did sit one time... back around 2009... we walked in about 10 minutes before the show and got a great seat. It's gotten much, MUCH more insane in the past few years. Disney's hype seems to be working.

joonyer
01-14-2015, 01:57 PM
I would have to say that the Candlelight Processional was the highlight of our trip this past Christmas week. We had the free dining plan and decided that using 2 credits for the package was worth it for us, especially since we didn't have to pay for the plan.

But it depends on your worldview. If the Nativity story is spiritually meaningful to you, then you will find it to be one of the best shows at Disney, bar none. If the Christmas season is just another holiday, then the show is beautiful music and a great orchestral and vocal performance, but otherwise it's another holiday show. Maybe worth waiting for if you have never seen it before, maybe not, depending on your viewpoint. Like others have said, you can stand in the back and listen for a while to decide if waiting for a seat at another showing would be important for you. Then you can decide if want to pay for the dining package for the privilege of a shorter wait (we had to wait about 20 minutes) for a guaranteed seat.

It was the spiritual component of the scripture and songs that made the Candlelight Processional it so meaningful for me and my family. I don't know if we'll ever be able to go back during Christmas season, but if we do, we'll definitely see it again.

SurferStitch
01-15-2015, 11:52 AM
The Nativity story is very meaningful to me, as is my Lutheran religion.

That doesn't mean I want to wait for hours (standby) or an hour (dining package) to see it every time. Like I said, we've seen it quite a bit over the years, so that's probably why we don't feel a need to have the best seats, wait hours inline, or plan a meal around it, that's all.

BigRedDad
01-15-2015, 05:37 PM
We were misled when we made reservations for the dinner package. They told us all we had to do is make the reservation, order from the menu, and then get passes. Well, they failed to tell us it was $55 per adult and $18 for a child. They also failed to tell us the service would be so slow and bad that we would miss the time for the processional with an "Oh we're sorry for the inconvenience but we can get you in the show 2 hours later!".

After all was said and done, purchasing directly from the menu would have been cheaper. We got bent over for this one.

mechanic
01-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Of course off menu is cheaper, your paying for the dinner and show package. Nothing misleading there. To pay and not get premium timely service is, on the other hand, unacceptable. I would have demanded a refund and made a scene over that.

BigRedDad
01-16-2015, 04:02 AM
No, it was very misleading. We were told all we had to do is reserve the package and we can order anything we wanted off the menu. They did not say it was $55/$17 per person. If they said that, I would have skipped it. Definitely not worth it,

ANG
01-16-2015, 07:46 AM
Unfortunately we will have two elderly women in our party that must have seat (even if it's a poor view).

joonyer
01-16-2015, 10:55 AM
No, it was very misleading. We were told all we had to do is reserve the package and we can order anything we wanted off the menu. They did not say it was $55/$17 per person. If they said that, I would have skipped it. Definitely not worth it,

Like you, I've been burned before too. That's why I now have the habit of always asking "How much?" The prices are listed online, but if making reservations by phone (for anything), I always confirm price.