PDA

View Full Version : How short is 7Dwarfs (the ride)?

disneyfamily05
01-13-2015, 01:44 PM
I keep reading reviews on how short the SDMT ride is - exactly how short is the ride? I have a FP for SDMT that runs 10:20-11:20 and my Be Our Guest FP starts at 11:15. Had planned on doing SDMT then walking over to my 11:15 BOG lunch. I thought about going to SDMT around 10:45 to give us time to walk thru the queue, ride the ride, and walk over to BOG. Would that be enough time? Suggestions?

joonyer
01-13-2015, 02:54 PM
I think it will be more than enough time. My experience using FP when we were there during Christmas week was that in spite of all the complaints about the FP+ system, the actual wait time in the FP queues, and the even for the most popular rides, was very short, (7DMT included). We never waited more than 5-6 minutes to board any attraction via the FP queue. And this was during the busiest time of year. I have to give Disney credit for that aspect of the new FP+ system.

The ride itself lasts for about 2 minutes, so that won't be a factor for you.

AgentC
01-13-2015, 03:12 PM
I agree. The only unknown is if the ride has been down for any amount of time, it will back up the FP line but normally it has taken me 10-15 minutes to ride included loading , ride time and exit time.

Cindy

Stu29573
01-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Am I the only one that finds it amusing that a dwarf ride is short?

BrerGnat
01-13-2015, 04:35 PM

LOL! Nice.

1DisneyNut
01-13-2015, 04:36 PM

I seriously LOL'ed on that one. A little hidden humor on the imagineers part perhaps? :D

BigRedDad
01-16-2015, 04:05 AM
The ride itself is only about 45s long. In the end, that is about 30s too long for what it is. It is very sad that so much space and effort were put into a ride that is so short. If I didn't have to go on it again, I wouldn't. If it were a walk on ride, no problem. Waiting more than 5-10 minutes is a waste.

EeyoresBestFriend
01-18-2015, 06:11 PM
I seriously LOL'ed on that one. A little hidden humor on the imagineers part perhaps? :D

That made me laugh, too! :D

mechanic
01-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Very funny comments!
We really enjoyed the ride. Combination dark ride and small coaster. About same time length as many of the other attractions.

joonyer
01-19-2015, 10:20 PM
In searching online for the actual duration of the 7DMT ride, from launch to return to the station (not counting loading/unloading times). I've watched numerous POV videos posted online. The ride times out at about 2:10 to 2:15. It does seem shorter when you're riding it, especially if you've waited a long time to board, but that's the accurate time.

Maddie
01-30-2015, 02:01 PM
cute but so short, less than a minute long. add 5-10 mins for queue plus sitting waiting to get off? the whole experience shouldn't be longer than 12 minutes.

Tinkerbella16
02-01-2015, 01:34 PM
It is very short but I really enjoyed the ride. We had two fp's during our trip in November. We rode once in the morning and once in the evening. Both times we walked right on with fp, so you should have plenty of time to ride and head right over to BOG. It is a fun ride and very smooth! :thumbsup:

RBrooksC
02-13-2015, 10:51 AM
I agree with that if the wait gets to long it isn't worth it.

It's a fun ride. And I think, in general, it is one of the best themed rides in the MK.

However, it doesn't mean it warrants a wait of two hours.

drosenbe
02-17-2015, 09:39 PM
i think that the disney imagineers/pr people that i heard or read all said that they knew that 7dmt was a 'd' ticket as opposed to an 'e' ticket; a coaster between goofy's and big thunder as such, it is a very good ride. But i agree, that it isn't worth an hour wait..

DonaldDuck1117
02-17-2015, 10:42 PM
Totally disagree. We were able to ride it for the first time about a week before Christmas and my wife and I loved it. We rode it every single night just before park close. It is a fantastic ride and, in my opinion, way more fun than the mild big thunder mountain. And it is not less than a minute long. Probably a good 1:45 or 2:00 minutes.

It took them way too long to complete but it is a very solid E Ticket and a great addition to the MK.

pox24
02-18-2015, 08:45 AM
Its a cute well themed ride. However, in my opinion, a wait longer than 30 minutes to get on is not worth it.:down:

manutd1
02-21-2015, 02:08 PM
We rode it in Nov...Loved it. To me, perfect time of ride:thumbsup:

texas211
02-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Love it, but too short for the hype and especially for the wait. THen again, I wish everything was like Splash Mountain or Pirates. And the Wedway Peoplemover is my fav.

baldburke
02-24-2015, 02:00 PM
We're looking forward to a first ride in April, but I'm finding the conversation interesting.

Looking at original attractions, newer attractions (80's and 90's?) and newest attractions (2000's to today) it seems like the Imagineers aren't going the distance recently. I'm specifically referencing the newer attractions from the 80's and 90's.

Yes, they occasionally get it right (TSM, Laugh Floor), but lately the results aren't great (MK Little Mermaid, Epcot Little Mermaid).

I've been generally pleased with reworked rides (Star Tours, Dumbo, Spaceship Earth), but I don't consider them "new rides."

But to get to my point I find the rides added in the 80's and 90's to be the best (ToT, RNRC, Splash Mountain). They have great themeing, stories and a very good overall experience.

Disney needs to get back to that ASAP!