PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard BBQ

pox24
01-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Looking for reviews and comments.

TheVBs
01-13-2015, 07:40 AM
We went, I think, in 2009 and 2011. Had an absolute blast both times. The food was good, the entertainment was great. There wasn't a bad seat in the house. If you don't get seated by the main dance floor, there are smaller dance floors which are almost better to sit by. The characters rotate dancing on all the dance floors and our girls loved getting up and dancing with them. Much more fun than the typical pop by your table for a quick picture thing.

mydisneygirls
01-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Same here. We went in prior years when my girls were much younger. We enjoyed it very much. My daughter was actually picked to participate in the show!!!! Not sure if I would go now that my girls are older but very enjoyable for family with younger children. Food was good, all you care to eat, and beer and wine (and of course non-alcoholic drinks) included.

RavsRuleDisney!
01-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Doesn't get a lot of play here in the postings but it is worth the visit. Did it with our 2 DS' several years back and if it hasn't changed and there are a few some young 'uns in your group you will definitely enjoy....

MargaretMessler
01-28-2015, 08:47 PM
We loved it! The entertainment is loads of fun, and the food while basic is plentiful and always kept hot. A great value for dinner and entertainment when you consider that even basic alcoholic beverages are included when most often at buffets they are not.

SueQ
01-30-2015, 11:16 AM
So would this be ok for just 2 adults with no children or would it not be worth it??

PopPhan
01-30-2015, 01:17 PM
So would this be ok for just 2 adults with no children or would it not be worth it??

I would, personally, suggest against it if you have no kids. There are many better and more interesting places to eat that MBYBBQ!

txdisneyfanatic
01-30-2015, 09:45 PM
Of course, it's okay to go with no kids:) We really enjoyed it this past summer...beautiful boat ride over from MK, relaxing campgrounds and lots of comfort food including all you can eat Mickey bars! Enjoy!! :mickey:

jenperich
05-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Would this be okay for an almost 5-yr old boy? We're going as a big family and we'll have two 2-yr olds and a 5-yr old.

TheVBs
05-18-2015, 04:30 PM
Definitely fun for a 5 year old boy, I would think. Does he like music and dancing? The characters there are Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale, so not overly girly. Plus they have a man who does some amazing rope tricks at the beginning.

And, long overdue for the adults only question, but I would say it would be great even if you didn't have kids. As long as you enjoy the atmosphere, music and dancing. It was really a great night both times we went. We enjoyed it as much as the girls did.