PDA

View Full Version : Ride Photo freebies

Stevadore
01-11-2015, 11:06 AM
While at Disneyland last month, I saw everybody taking pictures of the preview screens with their phones instead of purchasing prints from the photo-booth.

Then we went to Universal Studios and saw they superimposed multiple "PROOF"'s across their photo review screens.

If it is to endorse an Honor system at Disney, it must be costing them a lot of sales!

I haven't been to Orlando in a few years. Does this go on there too?

Basket Mommy
01-11-2015, 03:45 PM
While at Disneyland last month, I saw everybody taking pictures of the preview screens with their phones instead of purchasing prints from the photo-booth.

Then we went to Universal Studios and saw they superimposed multiple "PROOF"'s across their photo review screens.

If it is to endorse an Honor system at Disney, it must be costing them a lot of sales!

I haven't been to Orlando in a few years. Does this go on there too?

I've seen it at WDW, too. It bothers me somewhat, but the picture isn't the best, really. If you want the good one, pay for it. Otherwise you end up with a blurry mess (my kids have snapped the pics before, but I've only let them do that if I'm buying the pictures, which I usually do!)

Pirate Granny
01-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Now you can put them on your Magic bands

minnie04
01-12-2015, 03:40 PM
I have seen this and my kids have actually done this. I think if you have been on the ride a thousand times then hey why not snap the pic from the preview pictures, but if it’s the first time and you want to really capture the crazy/scared face you make then buy it. Most of the time now everyone is making crazy faces just to see how they come out at the end. They snap a quick pic to post and it’s over. And maybe if they didn’t charge an arm and a leg for the photos more people would buy them just my :twocents:
And they do come out really blurry so it really is just for the moment to post (for the teens) I’m sure if it’s really losing money for Disney they will come up with something to make it stop. Like not post them and make you have to ask to see your pic (don’t know how they would, but I’m sure they will think of something)