PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to buy points at the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows?

DVC Mike
01-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Well, we now have a lot of the information necessary to make an informed decision on whether or not to purchase points at the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows. Photos of the model rooms will most likely be posted by folks attending the member previews next week. However, we now know the purchase cost per point, the initial maintenance fee per point, the point chart for making reservations, layouts of the rooms, and other basic information.

So, what are YOU going to do?

Patricia
01-11-2015, 09:51 AM
We are excited to share some additional photos and to announce that sales for this beautiful resort will begin on January 12 for current Disney Vacation Club Members and on February 9 for all guests. When the first phase opens, scheduled for April 1, the resort will introduce unique Disney accommodations, including Bora Bora Bungalows and the first connecting Deluxe Studios.

VWL Mom
01-11-2015, 11:11 AM
No, just not for us. Probably won't stay there either since we don't do studios and the bungalow don't really appeal to me.

tjstrike
01-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Has anybody posted pics of the studios yet ? The points on those aren't bad if you could connect 2 studios to basically make a 1-2 bedroom maybe ? :confused:

VWL Mom
01-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Has anybody posted pics of the studios yet ? The points on those aren't bad if you could connect 2 studios to basically make a 1-2 bedroom maybe ? :confused:

The picture above with the bed is the studio. My question when they announced that some will connect was are they going to confirm that at time of booking or request but not guarantee it. Even then, you still wouldn't have the living space, kitchen, and washer.

DizneyRox
01-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Never really cared for the poly, or any of the monorail resorts actually. Those pics don't do anything for me either.

DizneyFreak2002
01-12-2015, 12:16 AM
Not at the price points rumored this week online... Oh heck no...

donald-doc
01-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Hello all,
I have not seen the point charts nor any info on the prices.

Are they on the dvc member site?

PM me if you know!

Thanks,
DD

DVC Mike
01-12-2015, 08:22 AM
Hello all,
I have not seen the point charts nor any info on the prices.

Are they on the dvc member site?

PM me if you know!

Thanks,
DD

Point charts for PVB are now live on DVCMember.com

donald-doc
01-12-2015, 08:37 AM
Just noticed that they are on the DVC member site now...

this could be very fun (too many points/night for the 2BR)!

thanks,
DD

SBETigg
01-12-2015, 09:34 AM
I love the Poly, but I don't love the bungalows. I'm not impressed. They're lacking in space, good use of space, and they just don't look good to me. And I don't really go for studios. The DVC at Poly isn't for me.

Hammer
01-12-2015, 04:52 PM
I love the Poly, but I don't love the bungalows. I'm not impressed. They're lacking in space, good use of space, and they just don't look good to me. And I don't really go for studios. The DVC at Poly isn't for me.

I'm in agreement with Sherri. I love the look of the bungalows from the outside and while my sister and I weren't going to buy points at the Poly DVC; we had considered staying there on a future trip, but not any more. Don't like the layout and the fact that they are smaller 2 bedroom units. We find that studios don't really give us the space we want, so that isn't really an option either.

I just checked the points chart for Poly DVC and VGF. If I wanted to stay in a bungalow for 5 nights in October, like we do every year for Food and Wine, it would be 600 points :eek: ! A 2 bedroom lake view at VGF for the same time frame is 295 points, and VGF almost is 200 square feet larger.

VWL Mom
01-12-2015, 07:08 PM
I just checked the points chart for Poly DVC and VGF. If I wanted to stay in a bungalow for 5 nights in October, like we do every year for Food and Wine, it would be 600 points :eek: ! A 2 bedroom lake view at VGF for the same time frame is 295 points, and VGF almost is 200 square feet larger.

It's insane

seanyred
01-13-2015, 09:01 AM
The points for the studios are not that bad and they are much larger. If I had more disposable income right now I would buy enough points for a studio but not for the bungalows.

ThanxForNoticin
01-15-2015, 12:11 PM
This is a real disappointment to us - not unexpected, but a disappointment anyway. DVC at the Poly is very exciting - a really nice fit. And we've been quite impressed by the bungalows, and would love to spend time there. But the points are insane.

With only 20 bungalows, people will probably have to own points at Poly to get them. They'll likely not last until the 7-month mark to reserve. But to spend any length of time in the bungalows, people will need to have many 100s of points, if not 1000s. And for the folks who can afford that, I hope they enjoy the rooms! But we're planning to enjoying them from the outside instead.

That being said - I am very much looking forward to the chance to stay in a studio there. The Poly is still one of the classiest and unique resorts around.

Maleficent's Dad
01-16-2015, 12:55 PM
No way - and I am curious to see how Disney does on this one...

1. No 1BR's (that kills us right off the bat)
2. The cost per point has gotten to be out of control (I can't believe how many points they're still able to sell at $160 per!)
3. Final straw? The point charts are absolutely out of control - I mean, really? For a 2-BR Bungalow that "sleeps 8," it's 330 points MORE than a 12 person Grand Villa at the Boardwalk for August. Uh, I think I'll stick to the BWV, thank you very much.

VWL Mom
01-17-2015, 10:36 AM
Just curious, are they selling fixed weeks for these like they did at VGF? I can't imagine what they'd get for a bungalow during the holidays. :jaw:

GAN
01-29-2015, 07:33 PM

Yes. This the same thing that made me lean against. It's not do much the cost per point, but the thought of 600-points for a give night stay is crazy. But I'm sure they'll be booked at that rate all year long.