PDA

View Full Version : AP discount

BugeyedMuggy
01-07-2015, 06:09 AM
The past couple of years Disney has offered DVC an extra discount on AP. Has anyone heard if they were planning on doing anything with that this year?

VWL Mom
01-07-2015, 06:14 AM
No rumors yet, I keep checking. The discount last year was announced on January 30th so I'm patiently waiting.

There is a new limited time link in the lower right hand corner which says
Delight in Park Pass Magic! For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can enjoy special savings on select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Annual Passes. but when you click on it you get the regular DVC WDW AP rates. The "limited time" makes me think either something is coming soon or this is the end of the DVC AP discount.

NewDVCowner
01-07-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm thinking of getting an annual pass for 2016. If they offered a special discount this year could I purchase it at this time and then not activate it until early January of next year, or is there a time limit on when it can be used?

Thanks!

Yo Mickey!
01-07-2015, 02:12 PM
the last time they did the promotion you had until the end of the calendar year to activate. i'd love for them to do this again, we finally just let ours expire after about 4 years. that PAP deal was amazing. makes no sense not to do it again...gets us there spending more money on property!

NewDVCowner
01-07-2015, 02:23 PM
the last time they did the promotion you had until the end of the calendar year to activate. i'd love for them to do this again, we finally just let ours expire after about 4 years. that PAP deal was amazing. makes no sense not to do it again...gets us there spending more money on property!

Thanks for the info. Do I have to be at the park to activate them?

VWL Mom
01-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the info. Do I have to be at the park to activate them?

Yes, you would need to be on-site to activate them.

MyDisneyworld
01-08-2015, 10:21 AM
We are going on a few trips this year and are looking to get AP's and would love for the PAP special to come through before our first trip in June. Hopefully the end of the month will come through again.

tjstrike
01-08-2015, 11:12 AM
FYI, when the $399 PAP came out (A few years ago), we went to guest services and had our AP's (purchased a few months earlier) upgraded to PAP and then they reimbursed the difference.

NewDVCowner
01-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Yes, you would need to be on-site to activate them.

Well, crud.

Thanks for the info. :mickey: