PDA

View Full Version : Agent Carter

DizneyFreak2002
01-06-2015, 11:55 PM
Looks like ABC got this show right... Unlike Agents of Shield... Too bad Agent Carter is only 7 to 8 weeks long... Excellent premiere shows... Hope they keep it up for the few shows they have...

SBETigg
01-07-2015, 08:50 AM
I thought it was relentlessly dull.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-07-2015, 09:06 AM
I have to agree, it was fine, but I'm not all excited about the next episode ... I guess I can take it or leave it.

My DH really liked it, so I'll probably watch it with him, and hopefully it will get some of the excitement I'm hoping for.

PirateLover
01-07-2015, 04:08 PM
It's all a matter of personal taste, I guess. I really enjoyed it. But then again, both Captain America movies are probably my favorites of the current Marvel Cinematic Universe, whereas many people rank the first Captain America low on the list. Maybe I'm just a sucker for WW2 era aesthetic and music.

AgentC
01-20-2015, 10:25 AM
I missed recording the premiere. I've only seen the third episode so far. I'll have to play catch up. It was okay for me but not as interesting as I was expecting.

DizneyFreak2002
02-25-2015, 12:14 AM
Agent Carter's season ended tonight... The show started out fine, I had high hopes after the first two episodes... Then, boom... Bottom fell out... Show got boring.. Much like Shield did... Such promise... Never lived up to the hype... again, much like Shield...

BriarRose0708
02-25-2015, 09:46 AM
I need to wait for my boyfriend to get home Friday before we can watch the finale, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the run and really hope it returns next year! Yes it was campy and the story lines were a bit unbelievable, but it's supposed to be. I am more in it for Haley Atwell as Peggy, I just think she's fantastic and I love the opportunity for a kick-butt female heroine on prime time.

AgentC
02-25-2015, 10:59 AM
I dropped out in the middle but I might try it again because my husband really liked the last two episodes.

I'm not why DizneyFreak2002 but I really like Shield but feel the same as you on Agent Carter. Shield just took off better for me, but I couldn't get into Carter.

DizneyFreak2002
02-25-2015, 06:25 PM
I'm not why DizneyFreak2002 but I really like Shield but feel the same as you on Agent Carter. Shield just took off better for me, but I couldn't get into Carter.
I really don't know what it is about Shield... I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe... I couldn't wait for Shield to start... Then, boredom... Maybe it is the actors, the story writing, I don't know... All I know is, I got half way through season 1 enjoying it, then the bottom fell out... I got bored of it... I stopped caring if I saw it on Tuesday night, and began watching other things... I'd catch it On Demand... Then, after the season finale, I thought season two would pick up... and again, I felt bored... Something with the show isn't clicking for me... Maybe they are trying too hard to tie it into the cinematic universe... Truth be told, I haven't missed it...

Just give me Flash and Arrow... :)

PirateLover
02-25-2015, 10:47 PM
I think both series suffer from uneven writing. You'll have an amazing string of episodes and then some real clunkers. All in all though, I did enjoy Agent Carter. I think it was the perfect length.

AgentC
03-02-2015, 11:38 AM
I think both series suffer from uneven writing. You'll have an amazing string of episodes and then some real clunkers. All in all though, I did enjoy Agent Carter. I think it was the perfect length.

I agree. I think the difference for me was that I had started watching Shield and when I stopped my husband kept watching so I still knew what was going on and it was easy to jump back on while I forgot to record the first Carter and then I had a few recorded and it felt like work to get back into it.

NJDad
05-10-2015, 07:33 AM
Agent Carter got renewed for a second season.

PirateLover
05-10-2015, 05:39 PM

:thumbsup: Very happy about this!

DizneyFreak2002
05-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Good move... Series started out great, slowed a little, but ended pretty dag good... Glad they are giving it another shot... Peggy Carter is really one of the over looked Marvel characters... Just hope they don't mess it up like they did with Shield...

BriarRose0708
05-11-2015, 09:36 AM

Hooray!!! I was very excited when it was announced Friday and then we went to see Avengers: Age of Ultron and Peggy has a cameo. So excited for new episodes!

Jeff
05-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Glad to hear this news.
Liked the show!:thumbsup:

RAIDER
08-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Just come out over here in the UK and it's had really good reviews ..ive really enjoyed it am glad there's going to be a second series

Katzateer
08-05-2015, 08:40 AM
My youngest, Stephanie loves this character and show. I watched the first season with her after she begged me to. I enjoyed it but even more enjoyed watching the show WITH her. We don't have too many special TV time moments anymore since she is almost 21 ( gasp!) She can't wait for the next season to start!:thumbsup: