PDA

View Full Version : DVC studio WL, BC or AKL CL

Crow
01-06-2015, 10:30 PM
debating renting pts for DVC for 3 nights..
$630 for WL studio , BC studio or $714 for AKL club level studio.
i love WL, stayed Club level once there but havent stayed in DVCs. BC i like location but not so much the rooms when ive stayed there. i like AKL too but both times i had a parking lot view
for the small price diff id prob go w AKL club, but just wondering opinions on how the studios are in each place

VWL Mom
01-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Depending on when you're planning to go might help you decide. VWL has just finished a total refurbishment along with the WL lobby/pool area. BCV rooms not had a total makeover in quite a few years and parts of BC will be under construction through August 2015. AKV Club Level is supposed to be very nice but it's very tough to get.

ThanxForNoticin
01-07-2015, 12:21 PM
The Club Level at AKL is very, very nice - probably our favorite. And if you use the lounge for some of your food and drink needs, the cost is probably similar to the other locations. But something to consider, not 100% of the AKL Club Level rooms have savannah views. I'd hate for you to go Club Level, and then not improve your view anyway! Someone can probably correct me if I'm wrong, but something like 75% of the rooms are savannah - and there are only 10-20 rooms available for DVC Club Level.

As for the studios themselves, all 3 resorts you have listed here I think have studio rooms of a similar size - and they are on the smaller side, when compared to OKW or GF.

It might also depend on what you like to do on your trip. If you'll be spending a lot of time at MK, the WL might make more sense. If you'll be spending lots of time at EPCOT or DHS, then BC might be better. If you are going to be doing a little of this and a little of that, then the location might not be as important.

If it were us, we'd be taking the ALK Club room! Hope you have a great trip, whichever you choose.

Crow
01-08-2015, 02:43 PM
thanks for the reply. looks like it wont happen this time as she cant get enought time off