PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass Magic Band Swap

TiggerGuy
01-06-2015, 12:48 AM
So I messed up buying tickets and my youngest daughters ticket is a 6 day while the rest of us are 7 day. My question is can I book Fast Passes on our arrival day for the 3 of us that 7 day passes..say for character meets and just give her my Magic Band to use while I sit out? I do plan to upgrade her to a 7 day pass when we get there. I tried to change now but was told we can't amd have to do it onsite.

Carl

mechanic
01-06-2015, 02:13 AM
We did that in july. As long as everyone involved is in the park that day.it shouldnt be a problem.

DizneyRox
01-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Why can't you book a FP for everyone

I'd link the 6 day ticket to her and do everything you can. Upgrading it onsite will just add another day to that 6 day ticket, you're not going to return the 6 day and get a whole new 7 day ticket.

Besides, FP has nothing to do with tickets other than you need to have one [ticket] on file to book a FP. The FP is stored on you MDE account, not the ticket.

WDWdriver
01-06-2015, 08:19 AM
The CMs are not likely to notice or care if your daughter is using your magic band. As long as it is used during your window, then it is a valid FP and can be swapped, just as the old paper FPs could be swapped. The console screen next to the CM will show your name, but that should not cause them to question you.

Goofy4TheWorld
01-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Why can't you book a FP for everyone

I'd link the 6 day ticket to her and do everything you can. Upgrading it onsite will just add another day to that 6 day ticket, you're not going to return the 6 day and get a whole new 7 day ticket.

Besides, FP has nothing to do with tickets other than you need to have one [ticket] on file to book a FP. The FP is stored on you MDE account, not the ticket.

The OP was referring to the fact that the person with the 6-day ticket could not book "day 7" FP+ like the other folks in his party that have 7-day passes. The relevance of tickets to FP is that you can't book 7 days worth of FP+ selections unless you have a 7-day park ticket, which the OP inadvertently failed to get a full 7 for one person.

DizneyRox
01-06-2015, 01:36 PM
The OP was referring to the fact that the person with the 6-day ticket could not book "day 7" FP+ like the other folks in his party that have 7-day passes. The relevance of tickets to FP is that you can't book 7 days worth of FP+ selections unless you have a 7-day park ticket, which the OP inadvertently failed to get a full 7 for one person.
Makes sense, but doesn't say that. If that's the case, I would probably still book EVERYONE on day 1 and save day 7 as the one without fastpasses.

I'd book the three I could for day 7 and hope you can use the app to add someone to your existing reservation.

I understand the only 6 days worth of tickets gets you 6 days worth of fastpasses. Disney has quite a lock on those fastpasses. I'd probably see about getting in touch with someone NOW about upgrading (push until it happens), it's a fault/deficiency in their system that's not allowing them to continue planning. It's not like they can leave a little girl alone and unattended while the rest go to meet Cinderella without her! ;)

TiggerGuy
01-06-2015, 04:35 PM
thanks for the replies, I went ahead and booked the 7th day FPs for three people and I will sit out.

@dizneyrox i have tried several times to upgrade from 6 - 7 days but no luck, it was an old ticket from a previous trip we didn't need. bough the ticket for her when she still young enough not to need it.