PDA

View Full Version : Job change

Katzateer
01-02-2015, 01:56 PM
I may be getting a new job. Pros and cons on this

Pro- it is a job I have always wanted to try - floral design

It is with a great company

I can leave the job I have now which I hate, the company is horrible and it is a VERY high stress job

The new job will have very little stress compared to my pharmacy job now

Cons- i will have to drive 30 minutes+ each way. Right now I have a less than 5 minute drive.

Will pay $1 less than I make now and 5 hours less a week

I share a car with my youngest and on the days i work during the week i will have to take her to the train station at 5:30 am

The only thing on this list that makes me not want the new job is the car sharing. We cant get a 4th car right now. But I think if I am offered it I will just go ahead and take it. So ready to make a job change!

KylesMom
01-02-2015, 03:00 PM
I am a HUGE proponent of going where you are more likely to be happy.

So cut the ties on that "other" place that brings you down and look towards the new adventure that life is offering. I wish you the BEST of luck and more importantly, happiness! :mickey:

PirateLover
01-03-2015, 11:45 AM
I agree with doing what makes you happy. If the fewer hours, increased commute, and $1 less don't matter that much, go for the new job. I think you'll find the cons easy to deal with when you have a job you enjoy.

Mickey'sGirl
01-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Good luck with everything!!

NJGIRL
02-13-2015, 06:33 PM
I know this is a late reply, but I am so happy for you. I know how much you love flowers.

As far as the money, you will adjust. I went from working 40 hours a week to 10 hours. Having a high stress job that I hated to a job which I enjoy, that has no stress. At first it was hard but I learned what to cut out and how to save money here and there in other places. I have been stress free for 5 years now and it is wonderful! Plus we really haven't given up anything....that we even notice anymore.

Katzateer
02-14-2015, 07:34 AM
I ended up not getting the job. I waited too long to let them know. They wanted to hire me for a different department but I told them I wasn't interested. Glad I didn't now because we have had a lot of icy roads and I woud have hated the drive.

Guess I can dream of working at
Longwood.:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
02-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Sorry...but keep on looking....Seriously, I have never been so relaxed as I am now...a littler poorer, but We cut out so many things we were buying/doing and don't even miss them anymore....and the best part is that we are able to travel even more now than before!