PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading tickets w/FastPass+

MrPeetrie
01-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Because of the recent changes in WDW, I have a question regarding upgrading our park tickets.

In years past, we have purchased only one AP and two Park Hoppers prior to arrival. The single AP would allow us to obtain an AP discount on our room without having me shell out extra $$$ for the other two APs as Hoppers are less expensive. (With my DS turning of age, we would now need three additional APs for this next trip.) Then, before our trip ended and if we felt fairly sure we'd return next year before APs would expire, we would upgrade the two Park Hoppers to APs so we would all have valid tickets for the upcoming year's vacation. (We usually try to take two trips on one pass.)

As I was thinking our next trip through (and you CANNOT go to WDW without thinking it through,) I began to worry about that strategy. In order to reserve our FastPass+ at the 60-Day Window, we must have our valid tickets linked to our reservation. However, if I "upgrade" their Hoppers to APs when I arrive, will I lose their reserved FastPass+es? If so, that strategy won't work.

Anyone have any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Fangorn
01-01-2015, 04:32 AM
You won't lose your FPs if you upgrade. Did it in October with no problem. Not with the FP+ anyway. In our case, we had 10 day park hoppers so we could make the important FPs at the 60 day mark without having to shell out the full AP $$ up front. We upgraded them to APs on our first day. Everything stayed linked to the account as expected.

Our only issue was that the expiration date of the new APs didn't get changed properly and showed as the date I purchased the park hoppers instead of the date they were activated - a 5 month difference which would have seriously impacted our 2nd trip.

Once your upgrade is complete, go to your MDE account and verify that your AP dates show as expected. If not, point it out to Guest Services so they can fix it.

But you shouldn't lose anything. It's all connected through your MDE account.

Steve

DizneyRox
01-01-2015, 05:16 AM
The FP+ is linked to your MDE account, not the tickets. The tickets linked to your account only determine if you can reserve at 30 or 60 days, and how many days you can reserve a FP+ for.

If you only link a 2 day ticket, you will only be able the reserve 2 fast passes.

Fangorn
01-01-2015, 12:15 PM
The FP+ is linked to your MDE account, not the tickets. The tickets linked to your account only determine if you can reserve at 30 or 60 days, and how many days you can reserve a FP+ for.

If you only link a 2 day ticket, you will only be able the reserve 2 fast passes.

Correct. But one clarification: if you only link a 2 day ticket, you can make 2 days worth of FP+ (3 each day) not just 2 fast passes.

Steve

MrPeetrie
01-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all the quick responses.

Fangorn, that is exactly our plan. I only want to purchase four APs if I'm sure we will return within a year and take advantage of them. So instead of shelling out all that $$$ up front, I purchase one and wait until I arrive for the others. That gives me time to gauge things.

Lots to learn with the new changes, but I think it might be ok once everything gets worked out.