PDA

View Full Version : Which Asian restaurant??

spoonfulosugar
12-30-2014, 11:17 PM
We have never been to any of these places:

Teppan Edo, Tokyo Dining, Nine Dragons

We have 3 kids under 10, but they are adventurous eaters...Which restaurant do you reccommend?

mechanic
12-30-2014, 11:59 PM
We like 9 dragons, but it gets mixed reviews. I think the japanese options are probably better.

Disney4us2
12-31-2014, 06:41 AM
Tokyo Dining gets my vote. Love the food there. Teppan Edo was just ok last time.

Haven't been to Nine Dragons yet.

Scar
12-31-2014, 07:24 AM
If you have never been to and/or don't have a teppanyaki place near you, than go to Teppan Edo. Otherwise, Tokyo Dinning.

Unlimitedfun
12-31-2014, 08:02 AM
DH and I have eaten at all three. We have enjoyed our meals there. In order of preference Teppan Edo would be our preferred, Toyko Dining and then Nine Dragons follow very closely. We liked the fact at Teppan Edo they cook the food in front of us. You can't go wrong with any of them! Enjoy!!

MargaretMessler
12-31-2014, 03:06 PM
We love Teppan Edo, but I am a big fan of hibachi anyway. With children you will probably get an extra "show" of it from some chefs.

Nine Dragons does get mixed reviews, but we thought it was very good. Stopped in on a slow evening on a whim & had a very attentive and chatty server who taught us how to use chopsticks.

Haven't tried Tokyo Dining yet.

To choose only one, I would go with Teppan Edo.

buzznwoodysmom
12-31-2014, 03:07 PM
Teppan Edo.

We didn't care much for Tokyo Dining, and have never tried Nine Dragons.

joonyer
12-31-2014, 03:45 PM
Another vote for Teppan Edo. It will probably be the most entertaining and fun for the kids. We enjoyed all our meals there, we've been 4 times.

SBETigg
12-31-2014, 06:52 PM
Teppan Edo if you have never had the full teppan style "hibachi" dining experience. Fun for the family, good food. But I really like Tokyo Dining, too.

MNNHFLTX
12-31-2014, 11:43 PM
After eating at all three, Tokyo Dining is definitely my favorite. The sushi is fresh and the service impeccable.

NJGIRL
01-01-2015, 08:51 PM
My vote is Teppan Edo. It's a must do for my 16 yr old each trip. And yes we do have a really good local Japanese restaurant but he still like it.

We have been to the Nine Dragons and thought it was OK but nothing special.

Janmac
01-03-2015, 10:33 AM
We have brought kids 10 and under to all three restaurants.

Nine Dragons is perhaps the most successful with squirmy kids. For some reason, we don't eat here much. I suppose because the restaurant is large and busy. Noisy.

Tokyo Dining is the opposite. Quiet, small and relaxed. We have eaten here with kids under 10, who know how to behave in restaurants. The windows look out on the World Showcase Lagoon. The kids meal was served in a monorail dish. Very fun. We would eat here again.

Teppan Edo is a real treat for kids. We have usually had the chef set up the chop sticks with paper and rubber band so the kids can eat with chop sticks. Even without a showy chef, watching the food being prepared is fun if you don't eat at this kind of restaurant much. Our main difficulty with this restaurant is the length of time we've waited past our reservation time. I suppose this is because of the nature of the restaurant, with the tables for 8 and the cooking at the table. If you're aware the wait might be long and come prepared this may be the most fun for kids.

Jan

WiltonJohn
01-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Depends on what you are looking for. And also depends on how the kids will deal with different types of atmospheres as well as food types.

The whole Teppanyaki / "Bennihana" thing is far more a 'production number' for westerners than it is traditional Japanese. There are such concepts in Japan...... but is it quite a different experience. If it is the entertainment situation you are mainly after....... that is a good choice. They put on a good show....that is what Disney is all about.

It you are looking for more authentic and typical Japanese foods and a more typical general 'aesthetic' atmosphere ..... then Tokyo Dining is a better choice. The menu selection is good and the food is well prepared and presented. And for the adults....... they have a decent selection of Nihonshu (sake).

Can't say anything about 9 Dragons.... never ate there. But I've spent some time in the People's Republic of China also.... and miss the REAL Chinese food greatly. American Chinese that I've found in most places has almost no resemblance to the real thing.

(Relative to the above comments...... I've lived in Japan for over 2 years off and on, speak Japanese -fair!- and my artwork is in multiple public collection there.)

best,

..................john

thads
01-05-2015, 07:52 PM
We love Teppan Edo. It is just like similar chains out there, relative to food quality, but we always have great service, and the chefs are fantastic. Great fun for small to mid-size kids.