PDA

View Full Version : Our 8 day dining adventure

Katzateer
12-30-2014, 07:48 AM
At the beginning of our visit I had to go to a Guest Relations to get our magic bands activated. So I went to the pin store at DTD and got $800 worth of gift cards with Frozen limited edition pins. I figured for 8 days that would be about right for dining and snacks. Worked out great and I had pins to share when I got home.

My favorite place to dine is Kona. We ate there about 5 times. While I think it lacks the charm it had years ago when most of the CM's were Polynesian and really seemed to enjoy their jobs, we did have great meals. While Tonga Toast has been my favorite for over 20 years I think the Macadamia nut pancakes have become my new morning treat. I asked for the strawberry compote on the side and it is great with the pancakes.

My husband loves Boma at AKL. I just don't enjoy it as much as he does. He loved the food but only got one glass of juice and I had to stop someone other than our server to get him another glass. Service not so great, food ok, but he enjoyed it.

Booked Rose Crown at Epcot. It was a very cool night and they had plastic shades down and lifted them right before the fireworks. I thought the fish and chips were good, service was not great, and my meal was kinda ruined by a couple behind me arguing during most of the meal. I think they had had a little too much to drink. The view of Illuminations was perfect from our table.

Katzateer
12-30-2014, 07:59 AM
Las Hacienda de San Angel at Epcot was new for us. There were so any items listed I had never heard of. We ended up getting 2 appetizers to split and an order of guacamole. The best guacamole ever!!:cloud9: The food was good but I am more of a TexMex girl ( we lived in Texas for awhile and I love Southwest cooking). I don't think I would go back again. I like the counter service next door better. We had the BEST server ever- he loved his job and was just great. I asked to speak to the manager when we were leaving and told him how great our server was. he said they receive a lot of compliments for this server. The dining room is also very pretty. We did not stay for Illuminations but I would think the view would be good.

Katzateer
12-30-2014, 08:17 AM
Our first visit to the Plaza at MK. We sat in the glass atrium area. I bet the view of the fireworks are great from there (once they get the panels down). It was cool outside when we went inside for an early lunch and the sun felt good while eating. The Plaza is charming and the food was good. I got a burger and housemade chips. My DH got a turkey sandwich. We would go back again. A customer was talking to his server (a little too loud) ended up he lives about 15 minutes from us in PA so I walked over to his table and talked to him for a few minutes when we were leaving.

Sci Fi was great as always- love it! Burger, onion rings and chocolate shake. I book us to go in when just getting dark. I don't like walking out into daylight- ruins the mood for me.

I really enjoy the food at Primetime but I think I will go to the bar if we go back. Going with a larger group would be fun but with just 2 you get stuck at little tables. We got there 20 minutes before it opened, our ticket to be called in got lost in the shuffle and we got seated 35 minutes after our time only because I went up to ask. The front CM's apologized but we were starving and wolfed our food down. My first piece of chicken tasted like it had been sitting under the warmer awhile. The other piece tasted like it had just come out of the fryer. The food is good - if you haven't been I would go. Feel like I am back in grandma's kitchen.

Katzateer
12-30-2014, 08:28 AM
I am sure I am forgetting a few places.

The fish and chips were good at Rose and Crown at Epcot but the best were at Raglan Road at DTD. The fish was perfect there! melt in your mouth, great flavor, and not too greasy. Everything we had that evening was very good.

Lots of popcorn, a Cronut at Epcot Promenade, breakfast in France:cloud9: no ice cream at parks ( it was cold most of our week)

And the best for last Be Our Guest for dinner!!:cloud9::thumbsup: It was my favorite dining experience ever at WDW! We have been for lunch several times but dinner just blew me away. I love the theming- Beauty and the Beast is my favorite. Our server was wonderful, my steak perfect, the French onion soup very good and the Grey Stuff IS delicious!! Great food presentation and atmosphere.

We had a lot of great meals. Can't wait to go back in spring for flower show.

faline
12-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Thanks for your reviews. You ate at a few of the places I would consider among my favorites.

NJGIRL
01-02-2015, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the reviews! We have been to all of the restaurants with the exception of BOG, but I always like hearing up to date reviews.