PDA

View Full Version : Recommend someplace new!

wdwcarrie
12-29-2014, 03:37 PM
DH, DS (5), and I are headed back to WDW in August of 2015, which means our ADR window is coming up in February. We are hoping to try someplace new and I thought this would be the perfect place to ask for recommendations! Some places we've visited and enjoyed on our previous visits include...

Ohana
Chef Mickey's
Liberty Tree Tavern
Rose and Crown
Crystal Palace
Coral Reef

What are some other recommendations for sit down meals in or near the parks? We are open to character and non-character dining. Thanks!

MargaretMessler
12-29-2014, 03:46 PM
We liked Kona Café as well at the Polynesian. Also we were daring and tried Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco on our last visit, but I'm not sure if it would work well with you having a 5 year old along.

Yak & Yeti at Animal Kingdom was good. Rainforest Café can be hit or miss with service in my experience, but your son might enjoy the atmosphere.

If you are up for dinner and a fun show we love the Hoop Dee Doo Revue and Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness.

Despite the sour reviews it gets sometimes, we really enjoyed the Sci Fi at Hollywood Studios.

Enjoy your trip! We are going fairly low key in the ADR department this time, but thinking of fitting in a couple sit down meals

KylesMom
12-29-2014, 04:37 PM
I think we ate at Sci-Fi for the first time when DS was around 5 . . . fun experience for him at DHS.

How about Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge for dinner? Just a boat ride away from the MK with lots of fun antics.

Although it came when DS was older, T-Rex was a big hit also with the ever-present dinosaurs and meteor shower at DTD.

Several on your list always make our "must do" dining :mickey:

Katzateer
12-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Kona, SciFi, Garden Grill at Epcot was always a favorite for our girls

Kairi_7378
12-29-2014, 07:48 PM
My 6 year old son loves Sanaa.

Arielfan98
12-29-2014, 11:11 PM
The Turf Club Bar and Grill at Saratoga Springs!

Best steak of my life there :tasty:
Great atmosphere and we had a very friendly waiter. Afterwards, it's a quick walk, boat or bus ride to Downtown Disney for some fun :)

WDWForever
12-30-2014, 12:07 AM
EPCOT - Either Italian restaurants
AK - Tusker House
HS - Hollywood & Vine, 50s Prime Time Cafe
Other - California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Whispering Canyon

joonyer
12-30-2014, 12:13 AM
I would suggest trying Boma and Teppan Edo.
Both are good for families (even with picky eaters) and are a different experience than the typical restaurants. Our kids enjoyed both when they were younger and still do. The chefs at Teppan Edo are especially good at entertaining children (of all ages)!

MargaretMessler
12-30-2014, 03:27 AM
Oh I forgot Teppan Edo! Love that, one of my favorites!

wdwcarrie
12-30-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the great ideas! DH and I have been to Boma and loved it (before child), and visiting AKL might be a very cool experience for him.

Garden Grill was one we'd thought about as well!

titleistboy
01-08-2015, 11:32 AM
I'm guessing you guys are ok with seafood from your other choices - we've had good luck at Cape May at the Beach Club - it's a great value if you're on the dining plan, too. Also, Tusker House is very good, good character interaction. We were a little disappointed last time at Whispering Canyon (with the food) the quality is not quite what we'd had before.

minnie-mouse
01-11-2015, 09:02 AM
Definitely SC-Fi for a kid that age. Sitting in the cars is a lot of fun for them. We love Wolfgang Puck Express too, great food, counter service but feels like a sit down meal. Or TREX? boys love that place.