PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass Plus Future?

DisneyGiant
12-27-2014, 02:46 PM
I am curious if anyone has heard anything about changes to the Fast Pass Plus system in the upcoming year?

Particularly in how many? 3 is really too little - and the park hopping feature is really not helpful - for example, nothing is available in the Studios by mid day - well at least in July, when we visit.....

We are seriously considering not "hopping" next trip. The only thing holding us back is the fact that we like to have dinner at Epcot, since we usually stay at the Boardwalk. Its so convenient to walk over there... I guess I'll see how our plans shake out....

Strmchsr
12-27-2014, 03:23 PM
It's constantly being re-evaluated but right now there are no plans for changing. The only change being considered is allowing the FP to be in different parks but even that is only being tossed around and not ready for implementation any time soon.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-27-2014, 06:38 PM
I know I'm in the minority ... and although there are changes I'd like to see (like being able to book the 4th & next FP on your mobile), I really enjoyed FP+ on our last trip.

I do hope Disney keeps tinkering with it though ... there are improvements that can be made, like being able to pick FP+ selections across different parks.

Jeff
12-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Today was our first day with the new system.
1st impression, I'm not a fan. I feel much to restricted. Also, I have never seen so many families just sitting on benches, rails, outdoor eatery chairs, etc.
It looks like they are sitting around waiting for FP windows. I don't think that is Disneys intent. :confused:

Melanie
12-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Today was our first day with the new system.

1st impression, I'm not a fan. I feel much to restricted. Also, I have never seen so many families just sitting on benches, rails, outdoor eatery chairs, etc.

It looks like they are sitting around waiting for FP windows. I don't think that is Disneys intent. :confused:

No. Disney's intent is having those folks in stores spending money. I feel like a broken record, but still hoping this all backfires on Disney.

WDWgoofy
12-28-2014, 01:14 PM
I definitely believe improvements are needed.

Yes, it is great to be able to do the top attractions with little waiting or rushing.

But, having long stand-by lines for lower tier attractions is a big negative. Overall, my waits are much longer, not shorter, with FastPass+.

I dislike the system; consequently, I have reduced both my frequency and length of stay. I doubt this is the outcome Disney was hoping

EeyoresBestFriend
12-28-2014, 02:08 PM
No. Disney's intent is having those folks in stores spending money. I feel like a broken record, but still hoping this all backfires on Disney.

I am with you on this one. I have yet to deal with it but from a planning perspective - NOT in love with it at all. :(

yankeesfan123
12-28-2014, 04:35 PM
I am curious if anyone has heard anything about changes to the Fast Pass Plus system in the upcoming year?

Particularly in how many? 3 is really too little - and the park hopping feature is really not helpful - for example, nothing is available in the Studios by mid day - well at least in July, when we visit.....

We are seriously considering not "hopping" next trip. The only thing holding us back is the fact that we like to have dinner at Epcot, since we usually stay at the Boardwalk. Its so convenient to walk over there... I guess I'll see how our plans shake out....

Have you thought about using your FP for the afternoon in HS instead of using them in the morning for whichever other park you plan to be in?

Also, during my visit in August, we really didn't see long lines for lower tiered attractions like others report. Maybe we were just lucky, but the usual walk-ons were still walk-ons, and the other attractions with typical short waits were still 15-30 minutes.

I know a lot of people think 30-40 minutes for Pirates is too long, but during the middle of the summer, a half hour wait for that classic is exactly what I'd expect based on past experiences.