PDA

View Full Version : Reviews on Frozen Sing A Long Please

disneyfamilyforever
12-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Ok we are 35 days our from going and I have a FP for Frozen Sing A Long at Disney Hollywood Studios but not sure if we should go now. I just heard a couple of bad reviews on the show.

I would like to know what you all think please.

Not sure I want to wait in line or waste a FP on just watching parts of the movie.

Thank you :mickey:

AgentC
12-27-2014, 10:42 AM
I went in September. It was me, my husband, my 8 year old son and my 6 year old daughter. We all enjoyed it.

The format is is more than just watching the movie though they do play scenes from the movie when the songs are played.

There is a live act which consists of two cast members tells jokes as they tell the story of Frozen. The day we went they were quite funny. There are also some appearances by Anna, Kristoff and Elsa.

I'm not sure I would go a second time but it was definitely fun and worth going to once.

We used a FP on it. The day we were there you get in a Fast Pass line and wait for the theater to open. They let the FP line in first and then the stand by line.

Fangorn
12-27-2014, 11:49 AM
DW and I were there in October and went - just the 2 of us, no kids. The show was very well done. Very enjoyable and NOT just a re-hash of the movie. The real stars of the show are not Elsa and Anna, but the two "Official Historians" of Arendale, and they are very funny. Most of the jokes are way above the heads of the kids and as such the show is highly entertaining for the adults - definitely not an ordeal to "suffer through for the sake of the children".

At the same time listening to several hundred little girls (and boys) enthusiastically sing all the songs will certainly bring a smile to your face. The words are on the screens, but I'm pretty sure the kids can't read them and don't need them.

It really was fun, and as I said, extremely well done - story, actors and production values.

We did the FP, and as Cindy said, the FP line goes in first and is seated in the center of the theater. The Standby line then fills in whatever is left over.

Enjoy.

Steve

joanna71985
12-27-2014, 06:16 PM
I've done the sing-along multiple times. I think it's really cute. Plus- I love the Historians! They really make the show

BklynChick
12-28-2014, 08:30 PM
I do love Frozen but it was more entertaining than I thought - the historians are very funny! And yes I sang along! :blush:

Scrappy2
12-28-2014, 09:06 PM
We really enjoyed the show. I would say it is worth seeing. I'm a believer you should do something once and be your own judge.

Katzateer
12-29-2014, 07:37 AM
We went twice during our week in early December. My husband knew nothing about Frozen and said he had not heard any of the songs before ( our girls are grown- no little kids around) and he enjoyed the shows. The FP+ are great- you get in the front. The first 4 rows are saved for VIP guests then the next 4 or 5 are for FP+.

The only question he had about Frozen was he didn't understand the connection to the snow monster. So the show does a pretty good job explaining the story line to audience members that aren't familiar with the movie.

SurferStitch
12-29-2014, 11:43 AM
DH and I saw it in October. We really enjoyed it! I loved being able to sing along and not feel self concious at all!

I'm sure we'll see it again if it's around during our next trip.

gottaluvtink
12-29-2014, 07:51 PM
We saw it in November, and honestly, I was not impressed at all. The ending was pretty good,but I wasn't in to the couple narrating, and I had seen the movie already way too many times more Han needed. Needless to say, when they showed the clips of the movie, I was less than impressed. It really bothered me, that when I went, the fast pass line was longer than the stand by, and they let the stand by line in one door, and us fast passes in another. That was very disappointing. No offense to those who enjoyed it, but I would not waste a fast pass on that ever again.