PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer"s paint brush

CU Tiger
12-26-2014, 09:51 PM
With the new magic bands, do they still have the search for the paint brushes on Tom Sawyers island in the morning and give the fast passes? I love doing this with the DDs and would hate to see this go away.

azcavalier
12-27-2014, 08:22 AM
I don't really know if they do this anymore or not, however I just read an article on another Disney-fan site that was talking about the things they used to love at WDW and now missed. The paint brush was one of those things they mentioned (along with self-serve Dole Whips at the Poly, waking up Tinkerbell at Castle Couture, etc).

So, from that, i'm assuming that it's not there anymore, but I can't confirm it.

dnickels
12-27-2014, 09:41 AM
It's been gone for awhile now, at least two years I think.

Strmchsr
12-27-2014, 09:46 AM
It's been gone for awhile now, at least two years I think.

Yep. Too many crazed people running around the island trying to find it resulting in injury, kids getting knocked over, etc so it was discontinued. Just another example of a minority of idiots ruining it for everyone else. That's been the case with several things at WDW.

azcavalier
12-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Yep. Too many crazed people running around the island trying to find it resulting in injury, kids getting knocked over, etc so it was discontinued. Just another example of a minority of idiots ruining it for everyone else. That's been the case with several things at WDW.

Yep. That's why they've done away with various rope drops, the paint brush, waking up Tinkerbell, etc. People so intent on making sure that either they or their kids have that "magical" experience over anyone else that Disney had to discontinue it for all.

CU Tiger
12-27-2014, 03:16 PM
This is sad to hear. It is these little things that really make it magical. I miss common decency in the world.:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
12-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Kinda off track but....i'm not sure if the sword in the stone still works or not, but two trips ago we waited in line with DS2 and I took my turn then DS2 too his turn...I was absolute astonished when he pulled the sword out!!! I tried again and well, no go for me, but DS, well it worked for him AGAIN!!! There was a child behind us and he freaked out when it didn't work for him.....his dad started yanking on the sword!! They walked up to us as we walked away and asked us what we did to make that happen for our son......absolutely nothing!!! We were walking by and gave it a whirl, like we always do and apparently my son had superhuman strength that day!! Man was the dad upset we had a magical experience and his child didn't.....

On our most recent trip in July, there were 10 of us....relatives needed to activate their new APs and we were waiting outside City Hall....my DS2 and I were inside on a bench in the AC when they brought in a lost child....he wouldn't talk to any of the CMs so I told DS to walk over an offer him one of his Mickey stickers and see if he would talk to him, tell him his name, something!! Well turns out the two kids sat on the floor talking and drawing until parents were located and on their way....the CMs offered DS a FP for any attraction and I said it wasn't necessary but they insisted. It's ok to help someone without. A reward other than knowing this scared little boy was going to find his parents again....DS was happy to share stickers and draw in the AC just fine....he didn't turn down the FP though!!

It's these little things that people need to remember, not who gets there first and how they had this awesome experience because they were there first! Just go on vacation.....don't worry about being there first and getting the most!!

These great things happened but we also had magic bands that were so screwed up we spent three hours at guest services at DHS one day getting them straightened out....I sent the kids on their way to have fun, they checked in several times and when it was all said and done the CMs offered the kids FPs to Toy Story.....they had already been on that, so they gave them away, THE KIDS gave the FPs away....made someone's day and we went about our day, period!

Point here is.....just be happy you are on vacation....which we here in this forum are....spread the happiness and go with the flow!

AgentC
12-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Point here is.....just be happy you are on vacation....which we here in this forum are....spread the happiness and go with the flow!

I'm not quoting whole post because it's a little long to quote but what a great story. The parks need more visitors like you and your kids. :)

EeyoresBestFriend
01-03-2015, 11:32 PM

Totally agree with Agent C! You obviously have the right idea on Vacation and have instilled it in your children. Well done! :thumbsup:

BIGDOG
01-07-2015, 04:31 PM
That's what I say find your favorite park bench and take a break.