PDA

View Full Version : Will Voices of Liberty last forever?

Gator
12-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Not that I want to put any more stupid ideas in the heads of Disney execs, but after this year I can say I'm worried about the last remaining great act at Epcot. With the elimination of some long time acts like Off Kilter and even cutting an act with the name of the park in their act (World Showcase Players), I wonder if the ax will drop on the one act that could still pull me into Epcot. It's been a few years since I've been to WDW, and it'll be a few more for me to get back - especially with my faves getting cut this year.

Maybe it's time to start a fan page for the Voices. If we do it now and start to accumulate fans early, maybe, MAYBE Disney will think twice if they ever have such a dumb thought as to cut the Voices. Better to be pro-active than re-active like we were with OK and the WSPs.

WDWdriver
12-24-2014, 08:32 AM
I certainly hope this will not be added to Disney's recent string of bad decisions. I was disappointed when the fife and drum corps was dropped in September.

The Voices, with their period costumes, are a perfect complement to the colonial American theme of the rotunda. And they are good! Where else can you hear live patriotic songs done so well?

1DisneyNut
12-24-2014, 08:42 AM
The Voices, with their period costumes, are a perfect complement to the colonial American theme of the rotunda. And they are good! Where else can you hear live patriotic songs done so well?

I agree but they don't do anything logical at WDW much anymore. It is all about what will save money or increase revenue to increase profits immediately or in the near short term. Think Frozen Ride in Norway replacing Maelstrom.......how is that logical?

I hope they keep Voices. I have always enjoyed them and try to catch them every time I am there.

brad192
12-24-2014, 08:50 PM
VoL are awesome! I've been a choral singer since my teens, singing in groups as small as quartets, and as big as 200 voice choirs. I can tell you that this group is in the top 3 oj my list. Sometimes I plan my Epcot visits around thier performances, so I get to hear them several times each day.

I have all three of the CD releases they've made as VoL, as well as some xmas music under thier other name Regeneration. Derrick Johnson, thier composer/arranger is a gifted soul. They have thier own website as well, with lots of cool stuff about the group - check it out!

Disney management would be fools to cut this act, as it's a perfect intro to the American Adventure. That being said, it seems like the last few years that the only thing that matters at WDW is the bottom line & profit margins, so I expect there has been discussions about removing them. I'm none too pleased with a lot of the other changes that are happening at WDW anyway, so if they do decide to remove them, I'll have to reconsider where to spend my vacation dollars in the future.

KAJUNKING
12-26-2014, 12:34 PM
I really enjoy the VOL and hope they do not go anywhere! I think the one thing the have going for them vs acts like OK, they take up no space. Show up inside the AA sing and then they are gone.

Gator
12-26-2014, 12:53 PM
VoL are awesome! . Sometimes I plan my Epcot visits around thier performances, so I get to hear them several times each day.

I have all three of the CD releases they've made as VoL, as well as some xmas music under thier other name Regeneration. Derrick Johnson, thier composer/arranger is a gifted soul.

I know what you mean. I always check the time guide first to see when I can catch them. I always try to catch two shows, and know that WSPs aren't on the list, it'll make it easier in the future to catch them twice.

I have a few of their CDs. One is all patriotic, which is pretty good. The other is Christmas in Velvet Vol 5, which is incredible. Just amazing. And I got the Magic of Voices for Christmas, so I can't wait to hear that on something other than my computer speakers from a youtube video.