PDA

View Full Version : When/Where to Buy TV

Scar
12-22-2014, 07:38 AM
Outside of The Home Depot or a Civil War Sutler, I don't shop. So I need help...

I have been charged to buy a flat screen TV for a raffle at a charitable event on Jan. 2. Apparently my offer to donate a few analog TV's was unappreciated. Anyway, being the shopping season, what would be the best day between now and 1/2/15, and what would be the best store to get one?

Strmchsr
12-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Either Amazon (use the ICOT Affiliate link) or Best Buy, probably on Dec 26 when the after Christmas sales go live. You might can get a last minute one in the sales today or tomorrow.

Scar
12-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks Chris. I figured Best Buy, there is one closer to me than any other store. Is there anyway to tell if it would be cheaper before or after Christmas?

By the way, the fundraiser is for a distressed worthy brother who lost his house in Hurricane Sandy.

Strmchsr
12-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately, Best Buy hasn't released their post-Christmas sales yet. I'd say if you see a good sale pre-Christmas snatch it up. I don't think you'll have regrets but you might if you wait.

Awesome cause! I'm thrilled you guys are helping a brother out that way. That's what we're all about.

1DisneyNut
12-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Check Sams Club and Walmart. Their prices are typically better on the average more popular range of electronics than Best Buy. Best Buy is usually better for higher end electronics.

Also, if you speak with a manager at Sams or Walmart, they will often give a discount or sometimes even donate to local charitable causes.

DizneyRox
12-22-2014, 05:54 PM
I'd check a site dedicated to techbargains if you're looking for a low cost TV. Since it's not for you, then BestBuy I guess in an option, but I'd never spend another dime in there if you really want my opinion.

PlutoToo
12-22-2014, 07:23 PM
I think Best Buy will guarentee to match aprinted price for 2 weeks after you buy it. So if you buy it before Christmas and the price comes down in 2 weeks, they'll refund the difference.

magicofdisney
12-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Some stores will even price match Amazon prices. It's worth doing a little research.

My son wanted a guitar for Christmas last year and the guitar store matched Amazon's price when I brought in a printed copy of Amazon's sale page. Of course they wanted to look it up for themselves, and I don't blame them. It made it quicker and easier having that printed page with me.