PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks/Parades

DDoftwo
12-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Ok, we are in the final coutdown 5 days to go.

Yes I know all the hulaballo behing the crowds at Christmas. I have woken up at 4am to get all the ADRs we wanted even Be Our Guest and Royal Table.

I stayed up and got 3 hours of sleep to get all the FP for everyday the my kids wanted. We have all the Mountains, the Frozen Sing Along, TSM Etc...

So here is my question. I made all the FP early and have ADRs that allow us plenty of time for all the MK Parades/fireworks on the days we are in the park as well as being able to park hop after dinner to see the night time shows if we are not in the MK that day.

I though having the early FP would allow us to get the 4th FP for preferred viewing as it was suggested not to waste a FP on those. Well now they are all gone during the duration of our stay.

So where are some good places to view all of these in the general areas, and how long should we plan on arriving early for parades?

We have been to DW before and never had a problem just not during Christmas time.

Any suggestion would be great

JG

MargaretMessler
12-20-2014, 03:29 PM
I have never been during Christmas (lucky you!) but you could try elevated vantage points for Wishes on the Main Street train platform (also useful for the Electrical Parade, if this is still running) . I have also heard of people watching Wishes from Fantasyland or from the beach at the Polynesian Resort (I believe they pipe in the music there)

Good luck, you'll have to share your experiences.

Main Street Jim
12-20-2014, 05:29 PM
So where are some good places to view all of these in the general areas, and how long should we plan on arriving early for parades?

We have been to DW before and never had a problem just not during Christmas time.

Any suggestion would be great

JGAt Magic Kingdom during Christmas week, they usually run FOUR parades a day: two daytime Christmas parades (usually at noon and 3:30pm), and two nighttime parades (listed at 10:15pm and 12:15am, all on the official WDW Web site).

"Celebrate the Magic" is at 8:45pm.

"Wishes" is at 9:00pm.

My suggestion for viewing:

Get to Frontierland around Country Bear Jamboree/Liberty Square area about an hour or so ahead of stepoff of the 3:30pm parade (or whenever the second showing is).

For Wishes, I would say get to the Casey's Corner/Ice Cream Parlor corner about 8:00ish. Then, after the fireworks crowds move out, take a spot right there on the curb for the parade (anywhere between the Hub and Casey's/Ice Cream will be fine - the bridge area would be best). If you need to leave the park right after the parade, stay on the east (Tomorrowland) side of the street; you won't have to cross the street to exit the park.

(This is *totally* different than what I was used to. Wishes used to be in between the two nighttime parades, which *were* at 8:00 and 10:00pm. I'm not real sure when the schedule change took place).