PDA

View Full Version : Dining

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-18-2014, 12:57 PM
June - another graduation trip with one of my kiddos (7days) - last child to graduate HS. Last trip was 2012 - been a while.

So, looking at dining reservations -
Choices thus far include:
Garden Grill
Tusker House (breakfast)
Sci-Fi
'Ohana
Coral Reef
Teppan Edo
Be Our Guest (dinner per local frnd suggestion)
Biergarten

Any to avoid, any to suggest instead?
It is my son, so no princess dinners are necessary.

I love planning and going, but so much has changed and I'm not taking him for as long a trip as my DD and I took in 2012.

DizneyRox
12-18-2014, 07:19 PM
I'd pass on Ohana and Coral Reef. The others are good.

Captains Grill is good, as is Trails End IMHO. Heading over to Olivia's at Old Key West would certainly be a treat as well.

mydisneygirls
12-19-2014, 08:38 AM
If your son is a picky eater, he may not like Biergarten. I'm not picky, but I didn't care for like it (and my kids didn't eat anything except desserts). I found that the food had a heavy vinegar taste to it. I'm glad I tried it once, but won't go again. I second Captain's Grille. Cape May is also a favorite!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Beirgarten was his one request - that and The Garden Grill.

He's in our local HS German Club and they do a yearly German feast, so he loves German foods.

And we decided most seafood oriented places won't appeal to us (Coral Reef is off the list now) as we live on the NC Coast - so fresh seafood is abundant.
Thanks for the suggestions!

sorcerer fan
12-19-2014, 10:02 AM
50's prime time , for decent food and good old time fun

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
12-19-2014, 11:00 AM
50s was on my list of suggestions for him to look at via the WDW site - I may have him revisit it as my husband and I loved it there when we went for our anniversary trip several years ago.

EeyoresBestFriend
12-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Sounds like your choices are great!

It was a good thought to drop Coral Reef - we've had several different friends and family go and none of them liked it. Biergarten is great (I'm of german descent) and the food is quite traditional. The entertainment is well worth it too.

I would second the 50s Diner - it is a favourite of ours. Also of he likes Tusker House, maybe a Boma dinner - it is a fantastic layout and a desert bar to die for. :cloud9:

Have fun!!

#1donaldfan
12-19-2014, 02:28 PM
From your list, Donald's Safari Breakfast is great, Sci-Fi is very good, Teppan Edo is very good and Biergarten is top notch. I have found a new favorite to add to my list and the many years I've gone I have never given it a second thought and that is the Trails End Buffet. I will always-always-always go there from now on. The food, atmosphere and service is incredible. The only drawback is if you take the bus or drive there you have to get on the internal bus and it takes several stops to get to the buffet. If you take the boat over from MK it's much easier .... again, this place is the greatest !!!! IMHO !!:mickey: