PDA

View Full Version : Hug your kids and keep them close

Wayne
12-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Had a terrible shock last night when we got word that a young man in the Senior class at the high school committed suicide. The last folks who saw him as he was leaving school said that he was joking around like always and seemed to be in a good mood. Just goes to show that you never know.

I'm a pastor and I've already talked with a couple of my youth who were friends with the young man. They are racking their brains for any signs that they might have missed and are highly upset.

Even though the statistics show that suicide occurs more often in the spring, it is devastating no matter when it occurs. If you or anyone that you know may be thinking about suicide, the National Suicide Prevention hotline is there to help connect you with resources in your area for help. 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

KylesMom
12-17-2014, 01:41 PM
So sad. Prayers for this young man and his family.

I always worry the most about other kids when a community is rocked by this kind of tragedy. Hopefully the young adults, especially those who were closest to him, are able to heal and not be mired in guilt and "what ifs".

princessgirls
12-17-2014, 04:25 PM
So so sad, and tragic.

Kids feel the weight of the world on their shoulders, and think death is the only way out. I wish I could do more to prevent suicide.

Julie:mickey:

faline
12-17-2014, 06:58 PM
How awful!! So sad for all his family and friends.

Ian
12-17-2014, 09:32 PM
Very sad ... I hate to hear things like this. I feel for his family.

We had a very similar reminder here this week when a father embroiled in a custody dispute with his ex-wife went on a shoot rampage and killed his ex, her mother, her grandmother, her great grandmother, her sister, her brother-in-law, and her 14 year old niece. Her 17 year old nephew is in critical condition. Not surprisingly, I guess, it ended when the man (an ex-Marine) committed suicide. Fortunately, the man did not harm his own children, opting instead to drop them off with a neighbor.

Although, consider they witnessed their mother's murder and are now orphans ... I guess they were harmed after all ............

Arielfan98
12-27-2014, 01:31 AM
I myself am currently a senior in high school and suffered from depression in the summer. I wrote a song called "Breathing Fine" about it on YouTube. The worst part about depression is that it is hidden. Nobody knew I was depressed until I wrote my song. I agree, the suicide hotline is the best choice if you're considering suicide. I hope my fellow intercotees are safe.