PDA

View Full Version : Episode 71 - Gary, Ian, Where Are You?

John
12-16-2014, 06:11 PM
The Cast: Carol Robert, Cindy Jachrimo, Christine Warner, Melanie Bounds

Snow for Thanksgiving & Weather Talk!

Disneyland - Cindy’s First Trip. *$$$$$! *Mini Monorail. *Alice in Wonderland Refurbished and looks great. *John doesn’t understand the changes but the ladies say it’s very well done and they love it more. *Also liked additions to Big Thunder. *No Cupcakes, went to bed hungry! *Christine and bicoastal tickets.

CHERRY CHURROS!!! John has been vindicated - sort of…*

Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies - every other joke trashed their old employer. *Park was a littly grimy and needs attention.

Disneyland is working to monetize just like Disney World.*

Trip Highlights

We broke the story about the Sorcerer’s Hat Removal. *What’s your source Maaaannnnnnn! People are funny and didn’t want to believe. *You don’t reveal confidential sources.

Something really big coming to DHS?

Big Hero 6

Take it or leave it - The Hat. Carol says relocate it/take it. Christine takes it. Cindy leaves it. Melanie says it’s time to move on. John says leave it. Add the new stuff already.

Christmas Party / Osbourne Lights

Olaf makes an appearance!

Overselling of hard ticketed events - overcrowding makes it hard to enjoy.

Hilton Head Trip

#RunICOT & Awareness Bands

New York

>> Listen, Download, Love, Share, Give as a holiday gift... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2014/episode-71.asp)

Podcast also available on iTunes, Google Play Marketplace, Stitcher, XBox Music and most popular apps.

John
12-16-2014, 06:25 PM
BTW, get ready as Episode 72 will be out before Christmas!

Yungbuck73
12-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Listened to 1st half so far, it was me who told the performers at Big Thunder BBQ who we were.
It was such a great trip and I'm not going to speak for Jason, but being 1 of the only guys there, it was awesome. I def agree with Christine about the Trader SAMs meets. They were so much fun. Glad Dawn and I grabbed that couch area the 2nd night. We also CANNOT forget about Rhonda, she was this trips version of T.I.M. Lol

TinkerbellT421
12-17-2014, 09:28 PM
BTW, get ready as Episode 72 will be out before Christmas!

I think I should join a podcast one of these days ;) I've been mentioned enough! :mickey::thedolls:

I say Leave It, bring something new in. It never bothered me and I never hated the hat, I was more "eh" about it. I would like to see something new/different as the park "icon".

brad192
12-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Just finished the podcast last night. Great as always, but waaay too much estrogen floating around! ;) John seemed a bit overwhelmed at times. :D We really need Ian & Gary's testosterone-fuelled rants to compensate, and bring balance to "the Delicate Flow".

As for the Hat, I'm with Carol on this. I don't mind it leaving DHS, but it shouldn't be scrapped either. Why not relocate it to somewhere in Disney Springs? I'm certain all the plans haven't been set in stone for that redevelopment yet.

The DisneyLand adventure sounded great, but I can assure you that I will NEVER stay at a DisneyLand accomedation given those prices. I don't care how beutiful it is, or how convienient, that's just an insane amount of money to be paying for, what basically is, a place to sleep, shower, watch a little TV, and store your belongings. I can do that at Pop for about $100 a night, give or take.

Looking forward to the next podcast! A Xmas present for us loyal listeners? :mickey:

Figment!
01-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Catching up on Insider Live Podcasts. :geek:

Trip HighlightsThanks for the shout-out, you all were an awesome group to hang out with at the Happiest Place on Earth. :mickey:

Disneyland - Cindy’s First Trip. Yes, Cindy, I was the one also lamenting about the Christmasfied Haunted Mansion during the Halloween season.

My argument is that the Haunted Mansion/Haloweentown are celebrating Christmas, not Christmastown celebrating Halloween. Still enjoy it, but my preference would be for it to be a Christmas Season overlay only.

*Alice in Wonderland Refurbished and looks great. *John doesn’t understand the changeI am not a big fan of screen technology on rides; I find multidimensional scenes and audio-animations far richer and immersive than any screen technology ...

... that being said, I loved the new Alice In Wonderland. The ride appears to be using high-def projection mapping technology to augment several of the show scene elements. I found it to add an additional layer of richness to the experience.

We also CANNOT forget about Rhonda, she was this trips version of T.I.M. Lol Ohhhh, I thought her name actually was Elvira. :blush: