PDA

View Full Version : Vegan at akershus in norway

kgoulash
12-14-2014, 06:47 PM
I didnt see any other posts on this, but please forgive me if I have asked before...
Has anyone had a veg experience at this breakfast? Dh and I are vegan and we are bringing the kids for the princesses not the food so I'd be happy with oatmeal and fruit truth be told. Just wondering how accomidating they are at this restaurant.
Thanks in advance for any input :balloon::balloon

VWL Mom
12-14-2014, 08:36 PM
I haven't been able to find much but did get this from the Mom's Panel

The buffet at Akershus, which accompanies meals there, has vegetarian and vegan options, but the main breakfast that's brought to your table consists of eggs and meats, which obviously wouldn't fit your diets. For this reason, I recommend that you note on your reservation in the "Special Dietary Requests" section online (or by calling 407-WDW-DINE) that members or your party have issues with eggs, milk, fish and other foods so that the chefs at Akershus will be prepared for your visit.

NJGIRL
12-14-2014, 09:48 PM
We did the princess breakfast there a couple of years ago with no problem, but I am a vegetarian not a vegan, although I do not eat eggs. I remember eating potatoes, cheeses and fruit (which was very good). As Lynn mentioned I would let them know ahead of time since you are paying a lot for a meal and there is no reason that with advanced notice they can't have more for you than just oatmeal.