PDA

View Full Version : Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum . . .

Janmac
12-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Enjoying some Jimmy Buffet Christmas songs while [finally] doing a few Christmas cards and one of the lines in a song got me to thinking (which in my family is the cue to say Oh no!):

which is more work?

A Disney vacation or Christmas?!?

:D

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night . . .

Jan

SBETigg
12-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Christmas is more work. Possibly because the payoff just isn't as grand for me. I love giving and being with family, but I prefer to do without the pressure of everyone wondering what to get one another and having to shop. The commercialization gets me down.

We've tried to eliminate presents at the family get togethers and it has worked to a degree, but some of my family loves getting presents so we haven't managed to phase it out completely. I get to a point where I dread the Christmas holiday, which is sad. But I always love planning my Disney vacations, even with the work involved. And I love Thanksgiving and New Year's. Maybe I'll find my Christmas spirit any day now.

joonyer
12-14-2014, 03:26 PM
How about a Disney Christmas vacation trip! The planning work has been nothing but fun, but we haven't started packing yet. :rolleyes:

EeyoresBestFriend
12-14-2014, 07:26 PM
With all these stupid new changes, I would say for me DEFINITELY the Disney Vacation!! Now I have to do rooms AND dining AND fastpass AND set up MDE AND setting everyone in the group on MDE. . .

Almost getting silly! Christmas is waaaaaay easier - even with the baking! :cloud9:

vicster
12-14-2014, 07:53 PM
With all these stupid new changes, I would say for me DEFINITELY the Disney Vacation!! Now I have to do rooms AND dining AND fastpass AND set up MDE AND setting everyone in the group on MDE. . .

Almost getting silly! Christmas is waaaaaay easier - even with the baking! :cloud9:

It has become a lot more planning but when we went in September I was glad I made fast pass reservations and dining reservations. We were able to avoid some long lines.

princessgirls
12-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Evolving is always good. Here are some things I have learned along the way...

Christmas is not a day, but a season. It's WAY WAY WAY too much work for 2 days.

Try to take time to reflect on the real reason for the season. To celebrate the birth of Jesus!!

Keep family traditions, and make new ones with your kids, nieces, nephews, grandkids etc.

Do a few family outings to see lights, visit elderly relatives, etc. over the season.

Enjoy good cheer!!:beer::marg: It helps!!!!

Merry Christmas!
Julie:mickey: