PDA

View Full Version : FP+ Restrictions

azcavalier
12-12-2014, 03:30 PM
We'll be at WDW from Jan 3rd - 10th. My family (wife and kids) have APs. We're going with my sister and her family, who bought 8-day park hoppers. I've been up at midnight each night getting Fast Passes, and didn't have any problems....until yesterday morning. I forgot to get the FPs for our LAST DAY in the parks until about 9am, and I went to do it on my iPad (like I had done with the other days) and it gave me an error for every member of my immediate family. It said that we had exceeded the number of Fast Pass+ days that we could get.

This surprised me, so I called Disney. Sure enough, Annual Pass holders can only book a maximum of seven rolling days of Fast Passes in a 30 day window. Since I had booked seven days (Sat. the 3rd to Fri. the 9th), I couldn't book FPs for Sat. the 10th. But my sister could! Well, that's because they had MYW passes. With those, you can book up to ten days (the maximum length of the passes that they sell). But AP holders are restricted to 7.

Now, he also said, "Look, we're Disney. We're not going to let it ruin your vacation. Just go to Guest Services that morning, and we'll work it all out." And I believe him. But it surprised me.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
12-12-2014, 03:52 PM
I thought that is the case only if you are trying to reserve FP+ without an associated resort reservation? My understanding was that so long as you have an associated resort reservation, you can book FP+ for the length of your resort reservation. Don't take this as fact as this is just my understanding and I am not a CM. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this topic will chime in.

azcavalier
12-12-2014, 05:01 PM
I thought that is the case only if you are trying to reserve FP+ without an associated resort reservation? My understanding was that so long as you have an associated resort reservation, you can book FP+ for the length of your resort reservation. Don't take this as fact as this is just my understanding and I am not a CM. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this topic will chime in.

Quite possibly. We don't have a resort reservation, and they didn't mention that. But maybe they didn't tell me that on the phone because it wasn't applicable.

yankeesfan123
12-13-2014, 07:50 AM
Quite possibly. We don't have a resort reservation, and they didn't mention that. But maybe they didn't tell me that on the phone because it wasn't applicable.

Also, you're allowed the 7 rolling days, correct?

So, once you use your first days FP (on the 3rd), you can then book FP for the last day. You don't need to wait until that last day.

And yes, the restriction wouldn't be there if you were staying on property.

azcavalier
12-13-2014, 01:06 PM
So, once you use your first days FP (on the 3rd), you can then book FP for the last day. You don't need to wait until that last day.

The problem being that the other half of our party had 8 day Park Hoppers, and so they made FPs for that day. So, they have them at specific times, and we don't. We'd like to do it all together. If it were just the five of us, i'd agree with you...that there wouldn't be any problem getting them after that first day.

I trust they'll work it out for us at Guest Services.

Butters
12-14-2014, 08:47 AM
Did you get a FP+ for guest services? :mickey:

I'm sorry for your issues with this... It's terrible that they already have you planning on waiting in a guest service line.

azcavalier
12-15-2014, 09:17 AM

I'm sorry for your issues with this... It's terrible that they already have you planning on waiting in a guest service line.

Man...I hadn't thought about it that way. Dang it! Actually, we're already planning on waiting in that line twice! My sister's family that will be joining us, well, their kids don't know yet. It's a big Christmas surprise. For our part in the surprise, we bought them each a MagicBand, and it will be under the tree. But in order to tie a MagicBand to each of their 8-day Park Hoppers, we're going to have to visit Guest Services first thing.

Butters
12-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Man...I hadn't thought about it that way. Dang it! Actually, we're already planning on waiting in that line twice! My sister's family that will be joining us, well, their kids don't know yet. It's a big Christmas surprise. For our part in the surprise, we bought them each a MagicBand, and it will be under the tree. But in order to tie a MagicBand to each of their 8-day Park Hoppers, we're going to have to visit Guest Services first thing.

I could be wrong but if you have the magic band and the ticket pre-trip I think you can link them on the MDE web page.

Goofy4TheWorld
12-15-2014, 12:36 PM

They have eliminated FP+ for Guest Services, you have to go to City Hall and get a paper FP telling you what time to come back and get in the Standby line for Guest Services!

LOL :D:thedolls::mickey:

azcavalier
12-15-2014, 03:15 PM
I could be wrong but if you have the magic band and the ticket pre-trip I think you can link them on the MDE web page.

I don't see how. There is no way to put the MagicBand in the system that I can find. There's no code to type in or anything....if someone knows how to do this, please let me know!

VWL Mom
12-15-2014, 06:35 PM
I don't see how. There is no way to put the MagicBand in the system that I can find. There's no code to type in or anything....if someone knows how to do this, please let me know!

There should be a 12 digit number on the back of the magic band. Go into MDE, My Magic Bands and Card, scroll to the bottom and you will see a button to link a magic band. This would have to be done on the account the FP are associated with.

EeyoresBestFriend
12-19-2014, 08:52 PM
I just need to chime in here with a quick question.

So as long as you have a resort ressie, you can book for the number of days you are there with an AP? There are 5 APs in our group and we are on site for 18 days. I should be able to book all FP shouldn't I? Or am I limited to 7 days?

yankeesfan123
12-20-2014, 12:52 PM
I just need to chime in here with a quick question.

So as long as you have a resort ressie, you can book for the number of days you are there with an AP? There are 5 APs in our group and we are on site for 18 days. I should be able to book all FP shouldn't I? Or am I limited to 7 days?

You should be fine if you're staying on-site.

EeyoresBestFriend
12-20-2014, 11:21 PM
You should be fine if you're staying on-site.

Thank goodness! I'm stressing enough about my upcoming first experience with FP+ and I think my heart stopped for a second when I read this post!!