PDA

View Full Version : New details announced for Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

VWL Mom
12-12-2014, 08:35 AM
From MS Dec 11, 2014

We hope you are getting as excited as we are about the next Disney Vacation Club Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows! Today, we released new details about the resort, which will open phase one in 2015. We are making history with the debut of the first Disney Bungalows. These beautiful accommodations are directly on Seven Seas Lagoon and will sleep up to eight guests and feature a plunge pool that offers views of fireworks over Magic Kingdom Park.

Adding to the excitement, we are opening the largest Deluxe Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort. The 360 Deluxe Studios will sleep up to five guests each and have the ability to connect to another Deluxe Studio, the first time we have done this at a Disney Vacation Club Resort. Similar to Disney Cruise Line ships and The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, the rooms will each have a bathroom separated into two areas, one with a shower and sink and the other with a sink and tub/shower. Plus, they also will have kitchenettes and enhanced storage space for convenience and comfort.

The addition of Disney Vacation Club to this beloved resort is part of an overall renovation of the iconic resort hotel. A re-imagined Great Ceremonial House will welcome guests to a tropical destination where Disney magic meets South Seas hospitality. Also included is an enhanced feature pool and new food and beverage offerings, including Pineapple Lanai where Members and guests can get their favorite Dole Whip treats and Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto, which will feature exotic cocktails and Polynesian-themed small plates. Earlier this year, the resort opened a brand-new children’s activity center called Lilo’s Playhouse.

The first phase of Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows is scheduled to open in 2015. Stay tuned as we continue to share more news in the coming months!

You can also see an artist rendering of the studios on the Disney Parks Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/12/new-details-announced-for-disneys-polynesian-villas-and-bungalows/)

disneymom15
12-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Sounds good to me, interested in seeing the deluxe studios.

Not seeing the artists rendition on the blog site

SBETigg
12-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Looks cool, but also maybe not as good as I'd hoped inside? I'm not sure. I want to know more about the bathroom set up and kitchen. Lying in bed and looking out at the lagoon looks pretty neat, though. Plus plunge pool.

disneymom15
12-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Not seeing the artists rendition on the blog site

I see it now, not sure why it wasn't there before.

MyDisneyworld
12-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Can't wait, thanks for the info.

magicofdisney
12-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Those exterior bungalow renditions look fantastic! Now if only the water were crystal-blue clear...

MyDisneyworld
12-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Just watched the dedication ceremony for the lobby and the GM of the Poly said they will start taking reservations in January for stays beginning in April. Getting closer.

VWL Mom
12-22-2014, 05:48 PM
They say there are connecting studios for larger parties, are they going to guarantee and confirm them when you make your reservation? Just wondering.