PDA

View Full Version : One Time Use Points

TheHD
12-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Ok, so I know that you can purchase I believe, 25 one-time-use (OTU) points per year as a DVC member for $15 a piece. But my questions are; do you need to purchase them prior to booking the reservation? That is, do I need to have them paid for in order for the OTU points to show up in my account prior to booking the reservation or will I see an option to purchase the OTU points when I begin the booking, just like I see the option to borrow points?

I don't want to be ready to book and then see that I need to purchase the OTU points separately and therefore, not ready to complete the reservation.

Thanks in advance.

VWL Mom
12-11-2014, 03:51 PM
The one time use points are not offered online, they must be purchased through MS when you make the reservation. Keep in mind these cannot be purchased until the 7 month mark.

John
12-11-2014, 05:03 PM
I know that our sponsor The Timeshare Store does points rental - you might want to check in with them - at less than $15.

Here's the scoop from their latest email....

We now have points available for rent at $12 a point. If you are interested in renting we need the following information emailed to [email protected]. Be advised we typically have points available for $12 per point, however, if points are expiring and renting for less than $12 per point you will find those below. You will also find any points we have available for transfer below.*
*We have 200 points that need to be used for a reservation between now and 2/1/15. These points rent for $8 per point instead of the normal $12 per point. If you want to use these points for the reservation we need the following information emailed to [email protected] ([email protected])
*We have 71 points that need to be used for a reservation between now and 2/1/15. These points rent for $10 per point instead of the normal $12 per point. If you want to use these points for the reservation we need the following information emailed to [email protected] ([email protected])

1) ALL RENTALS ARE DONE VIA EMAIL. PLEASE DO NOT CALL REGARDING RENTING POINTS. SIMPLY SEND YOUR REQUEST TO [email protected]

2) ANY POINTS THAT YOU SEE FOR LESS THAN $12 PER POINT CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED. WE HAVE TAKEN NUMBEROUS CALLS REGARDING THAT SO WE NEED TO POST THAT THOSE POINTS CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED. IF WE HAVE POINTS FOR TRANSFER YOU WILL SEE A DESCRIPTION BELOW WITH THE DETAILS.
3) IF YOU SEE ANY POINTS FOR $8 PER POINT OR LESS THEY CAN ONLY BE USED FOR RESERVATIONS AT SARATOGA SPRINGS.

If you want to use points for a reservation we need the following information emailed to [email protected]

Date Checking In:
Date Checking out:
Resort Desired:
Size of room:
Names for those staying in the room: (Please put ages next to any children under 18 and include last name for each guest)
Home address:
Phone number:
Please indicate if you will need Magical Express:

Points For Transfer:
Please be advised when points are transferred into your DVC account they can only be used by calling Disney Member Services and making the reservation. Disney's system will not show transferred points online.
162 2014 points that can be transferred into your Disney Vacation Club membership. They are 162 Beach Club points. They can be used between NOW and 2/1/15. If you are interested you must take all 162 points. The price for these points is $12 per point or $1,944. If you would like these points please call us at 800-550-6493.
38 2014 points that can be transferred into your Disney Vacation Club membership. They are 38 Bay Lake Tower points. They can be used between NOW and 8/1/15 or they can be banked until 3/31/15. If banked the points will need to be used between 8/1/15 and 8/1/16. If you are interested you must take all 38 points. The price for these points is $15 per point or $570. If you would like these points please call us at 800-550-6493.

65 2014 points that can be transferred into your Disney Vacation Club membership. They are 65 Saratoga Springs points. They can be used between NOW and 6/1/15 or they can be banked until 1/31/15. If banked the points will need to be used between 6/1/15 and 6/1/16. If you are interested you must take all 65 points. The price for these points is $15 per point or $975. If you would like these points please call us at 800-550-6493

100 2014 points that can be transferred into your Disney Vacation Club membership. They are 100 Saratoga Springs points. They can be used between NOW and 8/1/15 or they can be banked until 3/31/15. If banked the points will need to be used between 8/1/15 and 8/1/16. If you are interested you must take all 100 points. The price for these points is $15 per point or $1,500. If you would like these points please call us at 800-550-6493.

425 2014 points that can be transferred into your Disney Vacation Club membership. They are 425 Boardwalk Villas points. They can be used between NOW and 6/1/15 or they can be banked until 1/31/15. If banked the points will need to be used between 6/1/15 and 6/1/16. If you are interested you must take all 425 points. The price for these points is $15 per point or $6375. If you would like these points please call us at 800-550-6493.

191 2015 points that can be transferred into your Disney Vacation Club membership. They are 191 Bay Lake Tower points. They can be used between 8/1/15 and 8/1/16 or they can be banked until 3/31/16. If banked the points will need to be used between 8/1/16 and 8/1/17. If you are interested you must take all 191 points. The price for these points is $15 per point or $2865. If you would like these points please call us at 800-550-6493.

400 2015 points that can be transferred into your Disney Vacation Club membership. They are 400 Boardwalk Villas points. They can be used between 3/1/15 and 3/1/16 or they can be banked until 10/31/15. If banked the points will need to be used between 3/1/16 and 3/1/17. If you are interested you must take all 400 points. The price for these points is $15 per point or $6,000. If you would like these points please call us at 800-550-6493.

If you are a current member with points that you would like to rent out please contact us at [email protected] and we will be glad to explain the process and send you a DVC Rental Agreement. The process is very easy and with the demand now is a good time to put your points up for rent.

TheHD
12-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Ah ok, so I'll need to call MS for this then. I will be at 7-months out when I call. I've already made two reservations for a three-resort split stay. I'm just looking for eight more points for the final two-day stay at the third resort.