PDA

View Full Version : New balance shoe question

cather74
12-04-2014, 09:25 PM
So my best friend and I will be running the full marathon in January since we both turned 40 .... Uh I mean 29 this year. ;) I have heard mixed stories on how hard it is to get a pair of the new balance shoes. Any experience with this?advice? Thanks so much! Can't believe its so close!!!!

cather74
12-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Really? Nobody knows? We can't get to the expo till Saturday.:(:(

badkitty
12-26-2014, 01:07 AM
I haven't experienced the new system, sorry. I think you have to sign up in advance for the virtual queue and there isn't a "standby" line.

I found this blurb (there is a lot more too - "google" for New Balance virtual queue and you get the web page - pm me if you can't locate it):

Runners, you get a head start — at Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna, you can sign up by using your bib number at 6 AM Wednesday morning, January 7, and Friday morning, January 9. The virtual queue will be open to everyone on a first-come, first-sign-up basis for 6 AM sign ups Thursday morning, January 8, and Saturday morning, January 10.

Good luck!

Yungbuck73
12-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Last years marathon weekend expo was pretty busy and I know there was a line for the new balance. When I went for wine and dine weekend, the total time from getting on the line and paying for the sneakers was 15 min.
I do know they had mentioned a virtual queue for the sneakers but the system was down.
Hope this helps and good luck.
I bought the 2014 Goofy sneakers and I really like them.

Yungbuck73
12-29-2014, 09:44 PM
So my best friend and I will be running the full marathon in January since we both turned 40 .... Uh I mean 29 this year. ;) I have heard mixed stories on how hard it is to get a pair of the new balance shoes. Any experience with this?advice? Thanks so much! Can't believe its so close!!!!

I haven't experienced the new system, sorry. I think you have to sign up in advance for the virtual queue and there isn't a "standby" line.

I found this blurb (there is a lot more too - "google" for New Balance virtual queue and you get the web page - pm me if you can't locate it):

Runners, you get a head start — at Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna, you can sign up by using your bib number at 6 AM Wednesday morning, January 7, and Friday morning, January 9. The virtual queue will be open to everyone on a first-come, first-sign-up basis for 6 AM sign ups Thursday morning, January 8, and Saturday morning, January 10.

Good luck!

I found this link from RunDisney fb page to the New Balance shoes sign up http://www.nbvirtualqueue.com/