PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training Academy for (Almost) 4 Year Old

borisfam
12-02-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm wondering if anyone knows just how strict Disney is when it comes to the age of participants? My son will turn 4 just 6 weeks after our Disney World trip this year. HOWEVER, he is a huge Star Wars freak... last year we watched the Jedi Training Academy and he has not stopped talking about it since. He's been watching the training on YouTube and we even practice the moves with our lightsabers at home.

I heard that the cast members need to interview the kids before they can sign up. Does anyone know what they ask or what they look for? I don't want to sound like one of those parents, but my son is very advanced for his age with amazing language skills and the ability to follow direction. It's no doubt that he would do much better than lots of the cute, confused kids I've seen in the training before.

Any advice on if I should even try to get him in or just prepare for sitting it out another year would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, and if anyone knows if they ask the children their age that would be a deal breaker... I'm not going to encourage him to lie just to participate. Thanks again.

faline
12-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Age limits on these types of experiences are typically enforced. I'd suggest skipping this so your child is not disappointed by being eliminated from participation.

Strmchsr
12-02-2014, 08:49 PM
:ditto: They are very strict about the age limit. They can't break it for one person and then not another. That could lead to all kinds of problems, including insurance and liability issues. Just something to look forward to next year! I think my oldest son counted down the years non-stop from 4 until he finally turned 10 and was able to do the behind-the-scenes train tour.

mellen9
12-16-2014, 10:00 AM
We were there last week and they did ask my son his age. They also asked him if he would be ok going with them by himself and battling the dark side. I agree with the others, I don't think your son is going to be able to do it this trip.