PDA

View Full Version : BOG for Lunch

IrishMickey
11-26-2014, 09:26 AM
we do not have FP's for BOG, but we would love to try it, is it best to get there for an early or a late lunch? We will have two full days at MK, I figure we should be able to fit it in, any tips would be great, thanks :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-26-2014, 01:38 PM
This can get tricky. Oftentimes the CM's are only allowing those with a FP in for lunch.

However, I've heard of better luck with going later in the lunch time, but I haven't personally tried it.

tink'72
11-26-2014, 01:38 PM
When I went in October we had FP's for lunch. While waiting for out table I heard the CM's say they were no longer taking walk up's. Not sure if this was just for that day but I would check.

PirateLover
11-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Pretty sure it's FP+ only now for lunch. No walk ups.

TinkerBeth21
11-26-2014, 04:24 PM
I think your best chances of getting in are to show up early or to make a fastpass+ . Walk ups have been turned away if all time slots are full. I don't know if they are still giving out paper return times or not. Even if they are, once they are gone, they're gone. I like doing the fastpass+ because it gives me a specific time to plan around rather than a guess for how long we will wait in line to get in. Plus it makes it feel more like a table service!/

IrishMickey
11-30-2014, 10:17 PM
Thanks, we will try to go first thing in the morning to see if we can get a FP, I have been checking daily, but no luck!

joonyer
11-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Keep on trying. I've been trying to get a lunch FP at BOG every day for weeks, and really wasn't holding on to much hope that I would get one. I'd heard that they typically start releasing times at 27 days out (why 27, I don't know) but nothing was available on our first day or the second. Our third day on this trip is Christmas day, and whatta you know, I got a FP for 11:30-12:00 on December 25! Frankly, I was stunned, knowing how busy that day is.
Now if I can just figure out how to get a printed or email confirmation. Anyone know how? I know this doesn't show on our MDE page.

EvilQueensRock
12-11-2014, 01:09 PM
I logged back into the Be Our Guest lunch fast pass site, clicked on "View", and just printed out the page showing our arrival time and date. I expected to get an email confirmation or something, but if there was one I still haven't seen it. I will have this with me when we visit next Friday (!). (I'm so excited - we haven't been to WDW in 9 years.) :cloud9:

joonyer
12-11-2014, 10:01 PM
I logged back into the Be Our Guest lunch fast pass site, clicked on "View", and just printed out the page showing our arrival time and date. I expected to get an email confirmation or something, but if there was one I still haven't seen it. I will have this with me when we visit next Friday (!). (I'm so excited - we haven't been to WDW in 9 years.) :cloud9:

Thanks for the tip. I printed out ours as well. Can't wait to try it out!

Gator
12-26-2014, 01:11 PM
I just hate that #1, it's nearly impossible to get a dining ressie for this place, and #2, you actually have to use one of your limited FP selections to eat here for lunch. I don't mind waiting a bit to eat at this place for lunch. And with three other great places to eat TS in the MK, I wouldn't want to waste my time and get all antsy to get a ressie at BOG.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-26-2014, 04:51 PM
you actually have to use one of your limited FP selections to eat here for lunch.

BOG FP lunch is rather confusing ... but at least (for now), the lunch FP doesn't count towards the 3 FP+ attractions you can book in advance.

So, you can book 3 FP+ selections, AND lunch at BOG all before your trip.