PDA

View Full Version : Still Using Disney Dollars?....

RavsRuleDisney!
11-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Cleaning up around the house the other day and what do I stumble across - a $1 Dumbo Disney dollar!! Used these a bit on our first few trips 8-10 years back but not since. I remember them getting harder to purchase, at least away from the World and I was wondering if guests still use them and if so, how do you get them? Holding on to ol' Dumbo for now....
:dumbo:

brownie
11-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Yep, they're still in use.

Using Disney Dollars (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/using-disney-dollars/)

RavsRuleDisney!
11-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Yep, they're still in use.

Using Disney Dollars (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/using-disney-dollars/)

Thanks Steve. Wow, would hesitate purchasing them off-site with a $15 shipping charge! :mickey:

Altair
11-24-2014, 07:01 PM
If it's still in uncirculated condition, hang onto it. That one is only 7 years old and will go for 2 or 3 bucks on ebay. If it's got an unusual serial number it can go for more. :mickey:

TheVBs
11-25-2014, 07:03 AM
We have a Dumbo saved too. Also a couple of the POTC dollars. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-25-2014, 10:09 AM
We have some saved too! We always intended to use them, but kept leaving them at home. So, we're just hanging on to them for now. :blush:

KylesMom
12-01-2014, 09:48 AM
We have various Disney Dollars saved as collectibles, but no new purchases in years.

I used to LOVE purchasing these and give them as rewards for DS and gifts for our upcoming vacations. Unfortunately once the Disney Store at our local mall stopped selling them, I stopped purchasing them. Bummer, as they were always fun to give - and receive!

Lacy
12-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Wow, I didn't know they still had the Disney dollars. I assumed they got rid of them and made everyone transition to the giftcard.

Altair
12-27-2014, 07:43 AM
I can almost guarantee there will be Frozen themed Disney Dollars released in January.