PDA

View Full Version : New queue at Peter Pan's Flight

Christine
11-24-2014, 08:36 AM
Disney opened the new queue for Peter Pan's Flight in Magic Kingdom this Saturday.

The first "loop" of the line is still outdoors, going back towards the former bathrooms, then looping back by the wall with the Neverland map.

Then you go inside a long hallway with beautiful portraits of Neverland, Mermaid Lagoon, Hook aboard the Jolly Roger, and Peter Pan flying from Neverland to London, then ultimately a portrait of him perched on the roof of the Darling home.

Next, you're in the front "yard" of the Darling home. Through the lit windows, you can see Mr. and Mrs. Darling as they're preparing for their evening out.

You walk into the home's foyer and find adorable portraits of the children and the parents. After the foyer, you enter the nursery, first walking by the large bay window. While the first parts of the que are halls, the nursery is a large room in which the line wraps 3 times. Nana's dog house and an armoire are in the center of the room.

John's bed/area is first, and it appears he and Michael have just been playing as Pan and Hook. December 27 is circled on the calendar...anyone know the significance of that?

Next to John's area is Michael's. He has been playing with building blocks and has even spelled "Peter Pan" with them. His teddy bear sits on the bed as well. VERY cute!

Finally you see Wendy's area of the nursery. Her sewing boxes are out and ready to fix Peter's shadow. Speaking of which, there are two framed silhouettes of Peter's Shadow in her room.

Then you're back outside and heading up the former ramp to the ride entrance. From where I stood, it was 70 minutes. Something so well themed to look at and A/C makes this a very WELCOME addition!

John
11-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Photos will be added to this thread this afternoon ��

MargaretMessler
11-24-2014, 08:49 AM
I will NEVER fully understand why the line for this is so long (even in comparison to similar style attractions), but this should make the wait time seem a lot less. Bravo :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
11-24-2014, 10:27 AM
I will NEVER fully understand why the line for this is so long (even in comparison to similar style attractions), but this should make the wait time seem a lot less. Bravo :thumbsup:

Probably because it is a great ride using a unique ride vehicle and system. It's much more fun to fly in a pirate ship than ride a car that is on the ground. ;)

Nascfan
11-24-2014, 11:35 AM
John's bed/area is first, and it appears he and Michael have just been playing as Pan and Hook. December 27 is circled on the calendar...anyone know the significance of that?

1904 is the year that James Barrie wrote the novel and December 27 is when the play opened at the Duke of York's Theater in London.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
11-24-2014, 04:13 PM

My youngest son has always loved this ride. And it is because you are above everything looking down. He's now 17, a HS Senior and we are planning his graduation gift trip......he is insisting we ride Peter Pan.

minnie04
11-24-2014, 04:21 PM
We had to ride this ride on Saturday night. I have been wondering the same thing "why are the wait times longer than any other ride? including Mine train" well I liked the new hall passing (because of the AC), but other than that did I miss something? we thought maybe they changes the ride inside, but I think it was all the same thing. We haven't been on it in years since the kids got older. For the younger ones its a great ride and I hope they never close it for something else.

MrPeetrie
11-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Because the old queue was so long and boring, this was always a FastPass attraction. Now, I may have to re-think my strategy.

Christine
11-24-2014, 05:53 PM
1904 is the year that James Barrie wrote the novel and December 27 is when the play opened at the Duke of York's Theater in London.

Thanks! I was curious!

Kenny1113
11-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Because the old queue was so long and boring, this was always a FastPass attraction. Now, I may have to re-think my strategy.

Agreed!!! However I don't think I will skip FP (unless the line is short). The additions sound like a nice touch!

John
11-24-2014, 11:18 PM
Pictures as promised!

More in our twitter & Instagram feeds! Thank you Christine!

MNNHFLTX
11-25-2014, 06:05 AM
This is a very welcome addition to the ride. Thanks for detailed description and pictures, Christine!

TheVBs
11-25-2014, 06:39 AM
Thanks so much for the pictures and description! I cannot wait to see this in person. I know our girls will love it. We usually only do this with a FP too, but we're going to have to do the line at least once next trip. This is always a must do for our family. Our girls would be so sad if we missed it, and actually, so would I! I know it's not the longest or newest ride, but there's something about it that just embodies that Disney magic. :mickey:

John
11-25-2014, 12:30 PM
More :)

Jeff
11-25-2014, 04:39 PM
With a FP do you miss the new additions?

angua85
11-25-2014, 05:55 PM
Adorable! Thank you for sharing.

I think the wait line is also long because the through-put on the ride is not great. I wish the wait could be solved, but I would probably ride over and over and over.. and well, there the line goes back up.

Christine
11-26-2014, 12:00 AM
With a FP do you miss the new additions?

That is correct. To see the additions you must do standby.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-26-2014, 11:36 AM
This is very cute ... but I still don't think I'll ever go standby for this ride again ... just too long a wait.

garthbarth1
01-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Question..where did they add all of these elements? Are the bathroom still there next to them or did they use that space?? Looks like lots of fun!!

azcavalier
01-20-2015, 12:45 PM
So, we were just there a week ago, rode this twice and did Standby both times....never saw these additions. The queue was the exact same that it has always been.

That said, we rode when wait times were short. We refuse to wait in line more than 15 minutes for this ride. Maybe they only open that part of the queue when waits are longer?

azcavalier
01-20-2015, 01:01 PM
So, we were just there a week ago, rode this twice and did Standby both times....never saw these additions. The queue was the exact same that it has always been.

That said, we rode when wait times were short. We refuse to wait in line more than 15 minutes for this ride. Maybe they only open that part of the queue when waits are longer?