PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the pins?....

RavsRuleDisney!
11-23-2014, 10:25 AM
Hey all - a quick observation on our trip a few weeks back and let me know if you noticed the same; a total lack of pin trading opportunities, particularly with the CM's scattered around the parks, hotels, etc.

I noticed this initially when we were checking in at POR, now our go-to resort. None of the check-in CM's behind the counters were wearing any lanyards and I think one was wearing one of those pin pads - that was it! On trips past they were all rocking the lanyards and my DS' always spot check the lobby CM's as we came and went. And at the parks such as at the turnstiles - used to be a pin-checking hotspot but NO!! Definitely the CM wearing lanyards were in short supply.

I'm wondering if this was an overall change from up high to keep the CM's more focused on their primary job functions and not be working their lanyards constantly. Or maybe they started doing this during peak crowd times? (we went during Jersey week). Or maybe I'm imagining it? What have you heard/noticed?....

Bottom line - not a great trip for pin trading :(

AgentC
11-23-2014, 10:35 AM
I haven't heard anything but I have noticed less pin trading going on. I'm not sure if it is due a company policy or if there is just less interest in pin trading because I have also noticed less people buying pins at the main pin centers.

CanadianWDWFan
11-23-2014, 03:11 PM
We noticed this too this past summer. The Pin Traders at Epcot didn't even have a board available. We did use our resort's pin board, BWV, quite often. The most large stores and resort stores should also have a pin board available as well.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-23-2014, 04:25 PM
We found that there were a lot more pinboards in stores. but less CM's wearing pins.

DD still found a few to trade, but there is most certainly less!

Main Street Jim
11-28-2014, 02:04 AM
We had no problems finding any pins on the CMs when we went in September. We bought a "pack" of 100 traders off of Craigslist, maybe <?>, and traded all 100 before mid-week; we had to buy a few "starter packs" to continue trading for the pins we wanted :) Everywhere we went, we found CMs with lanyards and "pads"....