PDA

View Full Version : Family from Texas

mydisneygirls
11-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Prayers for the relatives and friends for the family from Texas who were involved in a car accident on their way to WDW. Very sad.

minnie04
11-21-2014, 02:51 PM
Very sad :( something so fun turning so sad in a second..many prayers sent their way..

MNNHFLTX
11-21-2014, 06:54 PM
So very sad all round. It's hard to understand the situation entirely--the 16-year-old a new driver and driving at night and so many members of the family not wearing seat belts. :(

2Epcot
11-21-2014, 08:51 PM
I agree Beth, so many things wrong in that scenario. We used to take long road trips all the time as kids from AZ to FL, and even when we were sleeping, we always had to wear our seat belts. Can't understand having a 16 year old driving an entire family on a road trip like that. For me, they are still in the drive to the store and to school by yourself stage. Very tragic story all the way around. Prayers to the family, and the surviving kids.

RavsRuleDisney!
11-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Horrible story indeed. Hoping the 16-year old boy driving has a strong support system as he will probably have a tough time dealing with this for some time. We have done the Disney drive from NJ several times and I know - as many of us do - any long drive, at night, loaded car - always have to be alert and focused. Stop and break or switching drivers always an option. Plus there could be factors we might not be aware of at this time. In the end a tragic event and wish all those involved strength and resolve.

DizneyRox
11-23-2014, 11:29 AM
We have laws that prevent 16 year olds from driving: with others, with entire families, dangerous times, etc. A 16 year old isn't capable enough to be driving in many of the situations reported, never mind all of them, it's not about responsibility, it's about experience.

Hopefully other states adopt these same or stricter young driver laws. I wouldn't be opposed to raising the driving age country wide, and also required retesting to keep those that 'lose it' off the roads later in life.

BrerGnat
11-23-2014, 02:41 PM
This family obviously had a major disregard for car safety laws. No car seat for a 4 year old, 6 out of 8 people not wearing seat belts...

It doesn't matter what the laws are if they are ignored. Unfortunately these parents paid the ultimate price for their disregard of safety laws.