PDA

View Full Version : Want "Mickey" waffles at home?

BrerGnat
11-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Waffle Mix (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ELL60W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p325_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=035H43QTSQEVGJCBGNS0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846)

Okay, so they won't be Mickey shaped (unless you have one of those waffle irons), but this is THE mix that Disney uses to make Mickey Waffles.

I just made some for the first time on a new Belgian Waffle maker and it was like I was transported to WDW! :mickey: :notworth:

Try it if you are a waffle fan like I am!

<---Don't forget to click through the Amazon link!

cer
11-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Thank you for this, Natalie!

That's great! :thumbsup:

Kenny1113
11-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Thanks. Will have to try it for my boys. :)
dS10 loves to get Mickey waffles. It's a must do for him on our trips.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-21-2014, 09:25 PM
We have a Mickey waffle maker, so we'll have to pick some up next time we're in the US. Makes Disney feel a bit closer!

DizneyRox
11-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Very nice find! Had some this am, much quicker than making waffles from scratch. Pretty soon there won't be any reason to head to the world anymore...

BrerGnat
11-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Very nice find! Had some this am, much quicker than making waffles from scratch. Pretty soon there won't be any reason to head to the world anymore...

I know, right?

TheVBs
11-28-2014, 09:19 AM
So cool! Thanks for the tip! I didn't even know you could get Mickey waffle makers. After a quick search I've found two different ones, and they weren't expensive. One is from JC Penny, it's silver. And the other is at Toys R Us, it's red with a picture of Mickey on it. Both are similarly priced. Might have to treat us to the mix and the waffle maker. :mickey:

DizneyRox
11-28-2014, 10:42 AM
I've got a couple of the Mickey shaped waffle makers, they aren't great though. I much prefer the normal Belgian wafffle makers. Now, if they sold the ones that make the tiny Mickey Belgian style waffles, that would be great!

BrerGnat
11-28-2014, 12:28 PM
I've got a couple of the Mickey shaped waffle makers, they aren't great though. I much prefer the normal Belgian wafffle makers. Now, if they sold the ones that make the tiny Mickey Belgian style waffles, that would be great!

This is true. All those mickey waffle makers sold now don't really make Belgian style crispy waffles like you get at WDW. They come out like giant shaped pancakes. They aren't crispy. I just use a regular round Belgian waffle iron (Presto Flip side) and pretend they are mickey shaped. I am sure those mini mickey waffle makers used by Disney parks are super expensive restaurant quality machines. Similar ones used by restaurants are in the $500 range!!!