PDA

View Full Version : Why 3 FP's

minnie04
11-20-2014, 04:01 PM
I just want to ride one ride in a park and then go to another park to ride something else. WHY do I have to pick 3 FP'S when I dont need them???? :confused:

AND once I ride the ride I want can I cancel the other 2 and book more rides in the other park we are heading too??

BrerGnat
11-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Yes, you can cancel the other two rides and pick new rides in another park, subject to availability.

DonaldDuck1117
11-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Not sure why 3, that's what Disney picked, so that's that.

Unfortunately, you must use/let expire the 3 fastpasses in one park before you can book 1 fastpass at a different park, and at that point you can only book them one at a time.

DonaldDuck1117
11-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Yes, you can cancel the other two rides and pick new rides in another park, subject to availability.

Wait, what? When did this change?

BrerGnat
11-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Wait, what? When did this change?

Wait, I thought you could always do this. You can't split up the FP between two parks but once you use one of your three, you can "discard" the others or allow them to expire and then make new FP reservations at another park using the "revolving fourth FP" option.

minnie04
11-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Ok I just thought of a way I can do this. I can book the rides early in the morning and try to get the ride we want last (at the time we want) and this way the other two run out and I can book the new ones. Does that make sense?? In other words we are getting to the park by 1:00pm so I will book the first two rides for morning and let them run out, get to the park by 1:20pm just in time for the last ride WE WANT and after that book the new park. It just feels like I’m taking someone else ride time and that’s not good, but I don’t need the other two rides ..

dnickels
11-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Ok I just thought of a way I can do this. I can book the rides early in the morning and try to get the ride we want last (at the time we want) and this way the other two run out and I can book the new ones. Does that make sense?? In other words we are getting to the park by 1:00pm so I will book the first two rides for morning and let them run out, get to the park by 1:20pm just in time for the last ride WE WANT and after that book the new park. It just feels like I’m taking someone else ride time and that’s not good, but I don’t need the other two rides ..

Yes you can do that, however keep in mind that you need to actually be in the 2nd park (4th + Fastpasses need to be booked at an actual kiosk, not via your phone) so by the time you finish that 1:20 ride, then drive/ride to a new park you're unlikely to get an additional FP for anything that a FP would be useful for or if you do it's likely to be very late in the evening. In addition you can only book one additional (i.e 4th, 5th, etc) FP at a time so if your 4th FP isn't until 9 PM you can't book another until that 9 PM ride has finished.

Kenny1113
11-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Yes you can do that, however keep in mind that you need to actually be in the 2nd park (4th + Fastpasses need to be booked at an actual kiosk, not via your phone) so by the time you finish that 1:20 ride, then drive/ride to a new park you're unlikely to get an additional FP for anything that a FP would be useful for or if you do it's likely to be very late in the evening. In addition you can only book one additional (i.e 4th, 5th, etc) FP at a time so if your 4th FP isn't until 9 PM you can't book another until that 9 PM ride has finished.

Ugh! See, this is why I haven't booked a trip this year. :(

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Looking at this another way ... depending on your plans, it might make sense to ride the 1 ride you want at the first park, and have your FP+ selections waiting at the second park.

This doesn't always work, but we actually liked FP+ during our last trip, since it allowed us to do "other" things, and know that we could still do some of the "good" rides when we got to the park later in the day.

ransam
11-21-2014, 01:31 AM
I was thinking today as I got off work, that I was so stressed, meeting dead lines, and rushing around, I couldn't wait to get on my vacation and relax...
then I realized it won't be a relaxing vacation. I will be rushed to meet dead lines of getting my fast passes...No park hopping, going with the flow.
it kind of takes the fun out of stopping and smelling ghe roses.

CleveSJM
11-21-2014, 02:05 AM
For every one person that doesn't like the new FP+ there are probably at least 3 that like it. It's ok. If you want to hop and smell roses and everything, then just don't use fastpass and wait in standby. Or do the amount of planning you want...

People should be rewarded for making the effort. And with FP+, they are.

VWL Mom
11-21-2014, 02:37 AM
Looking at this another way ... depending on your plans, it might make sense to ride the 1 ride you want at the first park, and have your FP+ selections waiting at the second park.

This doesn't always work, but we actually liked FP+ during our last trip, since it allowed us to do "other" things, and know that we could still do some of the "good" rides when we got to the park later in the day.

This is what we did during our last trip, saved the FP+ for the afternoon and played it by ear for the morning.

RunDMV
11-21-2014, 03:53 AM
For every one person that doesn't like the new FP+ there are probably at least 3 that like it. It's ok. If you want to hop and smell roses and everything, then just don't use fastpass and wait in standby. Or do the amount of planning you want...

People should be rewarded for making the effort. And with FP+, they are.
I think you have that 3 to 1 figure backwards. The only ones who like the FP+ are Disney Sychophants.

stephicakes
11-21-2014, 05:32 AM

I understand how you feel Minnie04! The MDE system really should have the option that allows you to choose only 1 and/or cancel ones you do not want to use. Seems easy enough! It does feel that you're "using" a spot someone else could use. Often, we'd get to BC later in the evening and only want to ride Maelstrom (:() and I'd have to reserve 3 FPs, 2 of which we would never use...

I feel the same way with all the MBs that Disney keeps sending me that I don't want for each upcoming trip. Yes, I recycle them with the front desk upon arrival, but there should be an option on MDE to "reuse my current band". Save the packaging, plastic, and shipment cost.

azcavalier
11-21-2014, 08:59 AM

Instead of booking FP+ for rides that you don't want, use it to book shows. The FP+ window on rides is an hour, but on shows, it's only 20 minutes. So they expire faster, and they're less popular, so you can get them for earlier in the day.

BrerGnat
11-21-2014, 09:07 AM
If there is only one ride you want to do at the first park, it definitely makes more sense to prebook your three FP at the SECOND park, then just head to the first park and do standby for that one ride. Even if the line is an hour long, you will be better off.

minnie04
11-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Thanks everyone, after thinking about it I think BrerGnat your right I’m going to do what you suggested. I’m going to grab three big rides for later in the evening when I know for sure we will be in the park and just let the kids do stand by in the morning with the ride they really want. We can come and go in each park, so I will just keep an eye on wait times and when they feel like running to another park we will. :D
Now back to the MDE site to pick those rides. lets hope they are still there with FP

ransam
11-24-2014, 01:30 AM
I don't think its a horrible idea. but I don't like the set up, and haven't talked to many who do.