PDA

View Full Version : WDW on Dec 29th

Mitzie
11-20-2014, 08:48 AM
So we are attempting to hit the resort for just a couple of nights and one day of parks. We are sending the 4 teenagers into MK with FP's for BTM, SM and the new Mine ride. Other than that they can wait in lines. DH and I are hitting AK in the AM stopping by HS to catch Osborn Lights and then Dinner and Illuminations in Epcot. Just how crazy is the whole place going to be? We have been there over spring break both before and after Easter when MK has stayed opened until 1 or 2 in the morning. So excited to be staying at FQ and seeing all the Christmas stuff again.

faline
11-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Yes, expect it to be extremely busy!!

Aurora
11-20-2014, 03:01 PM
The week between Christmas and New Year's sees the biggest crowds of the year. Prepare for very long lines at more popular attractions. It's also possible that the Magic Kingdom may close due to capacity (it's happened in past years during that week), so make sure your teens get there early.

I've never gone that week, but family members have. They say it's crazy crowded but very festive. Basically the earlier you can get to the parks, the better. With FP+, my strategy would get to the MK right at opening, ride as much as I could, and save the FPs for later in the day, when standby wait times will be much longer.

Aurora
11-20-2014, 03:02 PM
The week between Christmas and New Year's sees the biggest crowds of the year. Prepare for very long lines at more popular attractions. It's also possible that the Magic Kingdom may close due to capacity (it's happened in past years during that week), so make sure your teens get there early.

I've never gone that week, but family members have. They say it's crazy crowded but very festive. Basically the earlier you can get to the parks, the better. With FP+, my strategy would get to the parks right at opening, ride as much as I could, and save the FPs for later in the day, when standby wait times will be much longer.

Roger's #1 Fan
11-20-2014, 04:09 PM
So that brings up an interesting question.
If you get shut out of MK because of capacity and have booked FP+ 60 days out with three ride ressies I guess you are out of luck? :confused:

I guess that also means you would have to cancel those to get FP+ in the other parks.

No sir, I don't like it at all....