PDA

View Full Version : Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 2

AgentC
11-19-2014, 11:41 AM
So two weeks away from the fall/winter finale and I am happy to say I'm glad I stuck it out with SHIELD last year because it is soo good this year.

So who's watching? Anyone want to discuss? Some things I'm enjoying

the relationship between Coulson and May
Skye's creepy dad
Grant Ward. So much more intersting and complex thanhe used to be
The new additions to the show- Bobbi/Hunter/Mac
Hydra and all the assocaited villains
Fitz and his recovery

And that's just the beginning of my list. I'm also really wondering if Simmons was brain washed by Hydra and just doesn't know it. Opinions?

SBETigg
11-19-2014, 04:50 PM
I agree that the show has really picked up in season two. I'm a few shows behind. I almost gave up on it in Season 1, too.

PirateLover
11-20-2014, 11:36 AM
This season has definitely been more even and action packed. I didn't consider Simmons having been brainwashed but anything is possible!

AgentC
11-20-2014, 12:14 PM
This season has definitely been more even and action packed. I didn't consider Simmons having been brainwashed but anything is possible!

There was a line in the last episode something along the lines of "how do you know you weren't brain washed. It could happen to anyone" when they were interrogating the bad guy. After that the camera moved to Simmons. It could be absolutely nothing but it made me go hmmm.

PirateLover
11-20-2014, 09:56 PM
There was a line in the last episode something along the lines of "how do you know you weren't brain washed. It could happen to anyone" when they were interrogating the bad guy. After that the camera moved to Simmons. It could be absolutely nothing but it made me go hmmm.

I hadn't watched the most recent episode before I responded to this thread, but I watched it tonight and caught that line!

DizneyFreak2002
11-20-2014, 10:57 PM
I stuck with Season 1 only cause it was Marvel... Season 2 has been just as slow and boring for me... I don't even care if I watch it... I'll catch it on demand if I desire...

Want to see how a super hero TV show should be done? Watch Arrow and Flash...

I hope they don't screw up Agent Carter cause that looks like it has a lot of potential... But then again, so did Shield...

AgentC
11-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Want to see how a super hero TV show should be done? Watch Arrow and Flash...

I hope they don't screw up Agent Carter cause that looks like it has a lot of potential... But then again, so did Shield...

My husband has complained about the the super hero aspect. He wants more but to me I like where the show has gone. I don't think they can really make SHIELD a normal super hero show because there is no focal super hero for the show. And I don't think there ever will be. Marvel is not going to use one of their core heroes on TV. They'll save that for the movies.

For me what works is it has become a a good guys versus bad guys show that now has a defined villain to fight. They have also moved the team from a group of pretty people helping to keep the world safe to characters (some) that have real motivation.

But that is why they make vanilla and chocolate. :D

ps. I agree both Arrow and Flash are great.