PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations Special Seating - Where is it? Is it worth FP+?

merhon2
11-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Illuminations Special Seating - We are going in January - usually lower crowds - Is it worth using a FP+ on the Illuminations Special Seating over Test Track or Soarin'? Where is the viewing area?

BrerGnat
11-18-2014, 06:08 PM
I would not waste a FP+ on that because then you can't use the revolving 4th FP. The viewing area is at the entrance to WS between those two gateway gift shops.

yankeesfan123
11-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Illuminations Special Seating - We are going in January - usually lower crowds - Is it worth using a FP+ on the Illuminations Special Seating over Test Track or Soarin'? Where is the viewing area?

Not worth it. You still have to show up super early to get a spot along the fence.

faline
11-18-2014, 06:54 PM
There's no seating. You stand just like anywhere else. We did this in May and concluded we could have gotten just as nice a viewing spot (or better) for spending the same amount of time waiting for/securing another location. I'd give this fastpass+ a pass.

AgentC
11-18-2014, 08:20 PM
I agree with everyone else. I've been at that area before and I would not waste a fastpass on it.

Speedy1998
11-19-2014, 12:28 PM
As a person who believes the best location to watch illuminations depends on which way the wind is blowing, I would say that it is not worth it. I had "seating" in that area as part of the candlelight processional package a couple of years ago. The view was great until the fireworks started going off. We were downwind so the smoke blew in our faces, and the ash came down on our heads.

Normally I pick my spot about an hour before illumantions starts, based on the direction of the wind.

We usually have a group of 6, so four of us stay in the spot while the other two go get counter service for everyone. We then picnic in our spot, and usually only have 15 to 20 minutes to wait by time we are done eating.

badkitty
11-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Another vote here for not worth it. I used a fastpass+ for this with my sister and realized people were lining up over an hour before the entrance time. The spot was nice but once we got there, all the space along the railing was taken. I'm short so standing behind tall people isn't really the best viewing for Illuminations. We were disappointed since we could have waited less time and got a spot on the railing somewhere else.

ransam
11-21-2014, 01:33 AM
don't waste a FP. you can almost always get a good spot.