PDA

View Full Version : rushing the season . . .

Janmac
11-18-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm already tired of the cold and it's still more than a month til winter . . .

:freeze:

Jan

5" of snow
single digit low temps
and let's not mention the wind chill

SBETigg
11-18-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm already tired of it and it hasn't been that cold, and we haven't had snow yet. Winter gets harder to bear with every passing year.

dnickels
11-18-2014, 01:19 PM
There will probably be an early start to the "Thinking of moving to Florida" threads as well. Funny how those always start popping up during cold weather. :)

Hope everyone stays warm & safe! Hope you don't get a repeat of last winter.

disneymom15
11-18-2014, 02:23 PM
We were at Disney last week with 70 and 80 degree days. Came home to temps in the teens and just a dusting of snow(we were lucky). Today we had a new furnace installed, goodbye $3500 "OUCH". Oh well, at least we won't have to worry above the furnace going out..
On the bright side, only 53 days til we're back at Disney. Fingers crossed that we get warm weather there in January.

BrerGnat
11-18-2014, 04:41 PM
There will probably be an early start to the "Thinking of moving to Florida" threads as well. Funny how those always start popping up during cold weather. :)

Hope everyone stays warm & safe! Hope you don't get a repeat of last winter.

It does sound tempting already. Currently 27 with a nasty wind chill in D.C. area. Brrrrr!!!!

PirateLover
11-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Yup, today was brutal around here with the wind chill. :eek::freeze:

AgentC
11-18-2014, 06:42 PM
So I suppose I'm getting no sympathy for the 34 degree low I'm getting tonight in Florida. :)

Melanie
11-18-2014, 07:18 PM
So I suppose I'm getting no sympathy for the 34 degree low I'm getting tonight in Florida. :)

Poor Cindy!

Just kidding. ;)

Janmac
11-18-2014, 08:21 PM

Actually, you were getting sympathy from us. DH grew up in the Orlando area and his sister lives in Chiefland. We were looking yesterday at the forecast temps and shaking our heads. Maybe hurts more than ours does.

Jan

SBETigg
11-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Ugh, I just saw a video from a friend in Buffalo, NY. Over five feet of snow! Aiyee! Suddenly feeling like I have nothing to complain about.

TheDuckRocks
11-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Fingers crossed that we get warm weather there in January.

We have gone to WDW in Jan. a number of times and no matter how chilly it might get it's a whole lot warmer than at home. BTW, we've mainly had beautiful weather in Jan. in Orlando. You might run into a day of rain or need a jacket in the evening, but during the day most of my family wear shorts.

princessgirls
11-19-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm not going to complain about the cold...after I saw those poor people in Buffalo. YIKES. 6 feet of snow!!!!!!!!! National Guard, power out.

I am going to be a snow bird one day...God willing!!

Julie:mickey:

Janmac
11-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Most definitely felt small when I saw the news about Buffalo.

Jan
high today 40 degrees
almost back to 'normal'

TheVBs
11-20-2014, 07:08 AM
I feel awful for the people in Buffalo. What a mess!

And, yes, I'm already sick of winter and this week is the first time we've gotten snow and it's dipped below 20 degrees.

When I saw this thread I thought it was going to be about rushing Christmas. There's a radio station here that starts playing xmas music the day after Halloween. Drives me nuts! And I love Christmas! Can we just enjoy Thanksgiving first?

Sorry for hijacking. :blush: