PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerbell Nursery

lettripp
11-14-2014, 10:21 AM
It has been WAY too long since I've been on the boards but a LOT has been going on: Plex4242 and I are having our first baby in March :cloud9: We are both ecstatic and ridiculously busy... but I thought it would be fun to open a discussion we've been having lately up to the boards to see if anyone may like to contribute ideas (and to the fun, of course!):

:tink: :tink: :tink: :tink: :tink: :tink: :tink:

We are in the process of planning a Tinkerbell Nursery for baby girl. Any ideas? So far we are thinking lavender walls with glitter green pixie dust splatter and a silhouette wall decal over them... but that's about where our creativity ends. We'd love other ideas if you have any!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-14-2014, 11:11 AM
How Awesome! Congrats!

I love the nursery theme ... you'll have to share a picture when it is all done. :)

SurferStitch
11-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Contratulations!!!

You could mount Tink wings at the head of her crib or bassinet. You can get them at the Disney Store, or make them yourself. I have custom Tink wings for my Halloween costume that I had made by someone (they have all of the swirls and details as her wings, and are irridescent). I keep them sitting out all year because they are so pretty.

Or... get different types/colors of costume wings and suspend them from the ceiling using glittery ribbon. You'd have to position them so they look like wings in flight, but it would look cute.

You could give it a Pixie Hollow/Tinker's Nook feel that placing a few details around the room, like and "acorn" pot, some "lost things" like the music box or oversized gems or an old looking clock, etc. Maybe even put a large fake tree in a corner and put some amber or golden LED lights on it to be a sort of pixie dust tree. I got awesome blue LED lights that are soooo tiny, they can be put in floral arrangements and you'd never see them if they weren't on. They are on super thin copper wires. They had amber and white ones too (Amazon).

You could find a cute stuffed mouse toy, and attach a little cart to it (I've seen decorative small carts at craft and country stores that are maybe a foot long or so). It could be her own personal Cheese the mouse.

(As you can see, I'm a big fan of the Tink movies).

Just a few ideas for you. Hope you get plenty of great ones!

brownie
11-14-2014, 12:38 PM
Congrats! How about using a lantern light fixture? Tinkerbell need somewhere to go.

buzznwoodysmom
11-14-2014, 06:05 PM
Do a search on Pinterest. Seriously, you'll probably find tons of ideas!

Oh and congrats!

KylesMom
11-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Congratulations, Lauryn - what an exciting time for you! While I don't have any new ideas, I just wanted to wish you and Plex all the happiness in the world! :tink:

TheVBs
11-20-2014, 07:05 AM
Congratulations!! :mickey: You can use those rubber paint stamps to put the shapes of flowers and butterflies on the walls in different colors. Would love to see pictures when you're done!

PirateLover
11-20-2014, 09:51 PM
Congratulations!!!! We are expecting our first little one...well...any day now really! (less than a month until due date). We went with a Classic Winnie the Pooh theme. I found a lot of neat stuff on Etsy like art work and wall decals, and I got ideas from Pinterest as well! Getting the nursery ready is so much fun.:):tink:

RavsRuleDisney!
11-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Congrats!! Another 'mini' intercotee on the way....

We went with the Pooh theme with our oldest which was really cute and you can be as creative as you want. And for your "Tink" room, don't forget the most important thing....to track down an actual tinkerbell figure of some sort and have her flying about the room! Have fun with the new addition! :thumbsup:

vallerii
01-27-2015, 01:54 AM
oh my goodness...as the mother of a toddler, my mother (LO's grandma) would have LOVED this idea for her grandchild. It's such a darling theme idea. (Literally...my mother has a tinkerbell room in her house as a senior citizen!) I always thought I'd let her pick her favorite character when she was 4 or 5 and redecorate (we went with a simple woodland idea)

Katzateer
01-27-2015, 08:15 AM
Sounds like a fun project! You might look at the new Peter Pan pictures from the WDW quene. They have done a great job with the rooms and you might find a cute touch of Disney magic you like or color ideas.