PDA

View Full Version : Paying after due date

NewmanFamily6
11-13-2014, 07:40 PM
Has anyone ever needed to pay a little later than the due date? We have had some very unexpected expenses pop up. My due date is Dec 8th for my January trip. I called today but the CM said that the due date was firm and could not be worked around. He was very nice about it but just said it couldn't be changed. I emailed Guest Relations in hopes that they can just prevent my reservation from being canceled because I going to pay it off I just am not sure if I can do that on the 8th. I will need to break it up into 2 payments. We have been going for years and I have never been late before either for the cruise line or WDW. Just hoping for a little pixie dust

ransam
11-14-2014, 01:51 AM
I paid mine off once about a week after date, but that was a long time ago, it might have changed. Good luck

SurferStitch
11-14-2014, 12:14 PM
From what I know, the due date is very firm.

A few years ago, it came time to make our final payment. The amount noted on documentation I had was a few cents less than the actual amount due (don't remember why). I was warned by Magical Journeys that even if the payment was that few cents short, it could cancel my reservation (good thing we double checked the final payment due). If something that small can do it, paying late could definitely cancel your reservation.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Although I've never had to use it, I have heard that as long as more than 50% of your package is paid for, you *probably* can wiggle out a few extra days.

I would keep paying what you can, and see if you can reduce your package at all (i.e.. cut back tickets to the minimum required ... since you can add the days back on after) and definitely call the day the amount is due and let them know that you do plan to pay.

It isn't a guarantee though ... I hope it all works out.

NewmanFamily6
11-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Well it is 2/3 of the way paid off. I am hoping to be able to pay a large chunk by the date then the remainder soon after. I will just keep chipping away as much as I can and see how things go.

SurferStitch
11-17-2014, 11:49 AM
If you do decide to roll the dice and try to pay late, I wish you luck. But please, be prepared for your reservation to be cancelled without notice. Like I said, I was told that even being less than a dollar low can/will kick your reservation out of the system.

I would skip some Christmas shopping, eat beans and rice every day, and sell a few things on eBay before taking a big chance of paying late and possibly losing my reservation!

spoiledraf
11-25-2014, 10:38 PM
Apply for a Disney Visa. Then pay it off with that. Then you get six months interest free to pay that off and they will knock $100 off your bill for opening it.