PDA

View Full Version : In the mail!!

ransam
11-11-2014, 01:14 AM
today we got our magical bands and tickets for magical express.

which reminded me of something.

with the fast passes that are linked to our magic bands.....
is there any window after a fast past time? if you're a few minutes late will they let you on?

and is there any punishment if you miss a fast pass time?

I"m sure these have been discussed on some of the posts on magic bands, but I couldn't find hem...

thank you.

stephicakes
11-11-2014, 05:32 AM
How exciting! :thumbsup: Makes the upcoming trip a little more real now, doesn't it??

FP+ window times are pretty strict. Although it's really up to discretion of the CM working the entrance where you scan your MB and enter, you need to be there during the time you scheduled.

Nope, no punishment for missing.
(Although I have heard of possible future punishment of strapping people into Stitch while he sings his rendition of "Let It Go".) Kidding, kidding.... ;)

BriarRose0708
11-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Technically there is no "grace period" for a FP+ after your window of time closes. I did notice in October there were a number of people who went through the FP line after their time and the Mickey heads turn blue instead of green. In those instances, it's up to the CM to determine if they get to ride or not, and in all cases they did let them on but not without a reminder that their time had expired.

There is a consequence for missing your time window. As the system works now, if you do not use all three of your FP+ selections during the correct return time, you will not be able to book additional Passes while in the park that day.

stephicakes
11-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Hmmm. We were there in Sept and missed a couple FP times due to meals, etc. running long and didn't have a problem securing a 4th FP because the window times were passed. But they were tier 2, not tier 1 so that could be the difference..? We go again in a few weeks so I'll have to pay better attention this time to see how that works for us again. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke! ;)

Main Street Jim
11-11-2014, 05:21 PM
With the fast passes that are linked to our magic bands.....
is there any window after a fast past time? if you're a few minutes late will they let you on?Five minutes.

and is there any punishment if you miss a fast pass time?

I"m sure these have been discussed on some of the posts on magic bands, but I couldn't find hem...

thank you.No "punishment". We didn't use a LOT of our FP+ on our September trip, just because everything was near a walk-on...

ransam
11-12-2014, 01:19 AM
thank you guys!!!! and yes it is so real now.

ransam
11-13-2014, 02:18 AM
we had a big dinner tonight where we all opened up our bands....Disney music playing. It was so much fun. LOL

stephicakes
11-13-2014, 05:22 AM
That's awesome :cloud9: Happy planning! :thumbsup:

ransam
11-14-2014, 01:48 AM
thank you.

CanadaLovesDisney
11-27-2014, 12:26 AM
I read somewhere that there is a 15 minute grace period after your fast pass + expires... If only I could remember where...it might have been the actual disney site. There was info about a ride breaking down and getting an email warning so that you could swap it with another ride with available fast pass.