PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle on top of Swan at WDW

hoop de do
11-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Just got back from the World on the 28th. of Oct. We took the boat from the Studios to Epcot one morning and saw some thing we've never seen before.
On top of the Swan at Swan & Dolphin resort was a Bald Eagle. What a sight! The CM on the boat pointed it out. Of course I had my little camera which didn't focus very well so I have no picture to share.
He/She was surveying the landscape.
Well to top that off, we were sitting at the American Adventure (outside tables) eating some unbelievable carrot cake when guess who flew over. It gave my DW the chills.
I hope it stays around. What a great site.
We have some around home here but to see one in the World was special.
Hope you have enjoyed my post.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

faline
11-10-2014, 02:55 PM
We saw a bald eagle fly across the hub in front of the Castle at the Magic Kingdom a couple of weeks ago. We had also seen one fly over us at Downtown Disney last December.

Kairi_7378
11-10-2014, 09:30 PM
I got a little choked up every time they brought Hope the Eagle out during Flights of Wonder. Such magnificient birds. Thanks so much for sharing your experience! :flag:

SurferStitch
11-11-2014, 01:06 PM
We saw a bald eagle on two different occasions during our last visit in October. One was in Epcot while we were waiting for the globe to be brought out into the lagoon from its staging area backstage. I looked up and saw it flying overhead. I just blurted out, "Oh my gosh, a bald eagle!!" Everyone around me looked up and saw it... heard quite a few gasps!

We then saw another one (or the same one) several days later while we were driving in WDW. Very cool.

RavsRuleDisney!
11-23-2014, 10:12 AM
My DS' and I are always on the lookout for various wildlife while at the World....the little gheckos running around the grounds, the fish scattered about the waterways, deer, etc. etc.

Now, I actually thought I saw what I thought might be an eagle traveling the waters from HS to Epcot a few weeks back. It was a brief glimpse of the bird flying among the tree line and it wasn't terribly close. Normally I would have made a comment at the time but I wasn't sure and said nothing. Now I'm wondering....

dnickels
12-15-2014, 12:33 PM
I saw a (probably the same) adult bald eagle sitting on top of the Swan sculpture again yesterday (12/14) afternoon.

brad192
12-15-2014, 06:08 PM
A few years ago, when I was on the Backstage Magic tour during the Epcot portion, one of our guides mentioned that there used to be a nesting pair inside the park! Apparently, they had gotten used to all the activity & even the fireworks!

Not sure if I completely believe it or not...;)

I have seen a couple of them while in Florida, but not at WDW (yet).

Simba's Mom
01-25-2015, 08:03 PM
We saw a bald eagle fly across the hub in front of the Castle at the Magic Kingdom a couple of weeks ago. We had also seen one fly over us at Downtown Disney last December.

I wish I'd seen this-I just got back from WDW and I'm always watching for birds since after Disney, birding is my favorite thing to do. Seen Coopers Hawks, Ospreys, Pileated Woodpeckers, etc. but that would have been my first Bald Eagle at WDW.