PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club Stay-F&W and MNSSHP trip review

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2014, 01:34 PM
We were booked at the Yacht Club from October 29, 2014 through November 4, 2014. We arrived around 230 pm and pulled up to unload our car. We pack everything including breakfast items, a coffee pot and ice chest plus our suitcases and I got the feeling the first bell hop to help us load our cart wasn't thrilled. That was the last negative vibe I received at this hotel and everything service wise was top notch from that point on....the bellhop who helped us unload in the room went as far as to offer to go get us ice and the bellhop who helped us at the end of the trip was equally as nice. When I went to check in a gentleman asked if he could help me when I explained I was checking in he was so nice telling me how glad they were to have us aboard and check in was smooth and quick. Our room was ready and was exactly what we paid for, garden view which was a view of some trees facing HS area. The balcony was nice and roomy and we had wine there a couple of different times and coffee in the mornings. The room was immaculate and mousekeeping kept it that way our entire visit, stocking everything as needed. The room was in good condition, no obvious signs of disrepair that others have commented on, but if you looked really close you could find a little rust on the door hinges but that is super nitpicky and I didn't notice any problems. The best part of this room was the quietness and the comfort of the beds. We slept better here than any hotel ever on vacation. As a matter of fact we took an afternoon nap one day! The grounds were immaculate and the pool beautiful but it got too cold for us to use it. The walk to Epcot and to the Boardwalk was so easy and convenient it will be hard to stay in any other location again. AK is on my bucket list but I don't know about that now:D The boat service to DHS was quick and efficient. The only real problem we had here was bus service to Magic Kingdom. We didn't wait long for DTD or AK, but three times we waited really long waits for MK, just to watch multiple DTD and AK busses come and go...still I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It is our new favorite:thumbsup:

Sleep Quality: 5 stars
Service: 5 stars
Transportation: 3 stars
Value: 4 stars
Cleanliness: 5 stars

Overall : 4 1/2 stars out of 5

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Glad you had a good time! This is VERY high up in my list of "want-to-try" resorts.

buzznwoodysmom
11-10-2014, 02:26 PM
So glad you enjoyed your stay! I was one of the posters trying to sway you over to YC so I was hoping you would have a great time!

Our favorite will probably always be WL, but YC is a very close second. We love BC too, but the decor and quietness of YC puts it ahead of BC in my book.

AgentC
11-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Like Denise I frequently recommend the Yacht Club. It is one of my favorites. I'm so glad you enjoyed. I just returned from a weekend stay there and it was just as good as I remembered. :)

Hammer
11-10-2014, 04:42 PM
You can add me to the list of Yacht Club fans. Since I joined DVC, it is rare that I stay in a regular WDW hotel, but we did stay there in 2013 for a quick overnight trip. I especially loved the polished hardwood floors!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2014, 07:56 PM
So glad you enjoyed your stay! I was one of the posters trying to sway you over to YC so I was hoping you would have a great time!

Our favorite will probably always be WL, but YC is a very close second. We love BC too, but the decor and quietness of YC puts it ahead of BC in my book.

The funny thing is although I thought the lobby was stunning, I wasn't as impressed with Wilderness Lodge overall as I was with YC. I did listen to you and the others and am glad I switched to Yacht Club it was awesome

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Glad you had a good time! This is VERY high up in my list of "want-to-try" resorts.

If I can afford it again it will be hard to book anywhere else

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Like Denise I frequently recommend the Yacht Club. It is one of my favorites. I'm so glad you enjoyed. I just returned from a weekend stay there and it was just as good as I remembered. :)

That's why I love Intercot, you guys rock!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2014, 08:00 PM
You can add me to the list of Yacht Club fans. Since I joined DVC, it is rare that I stay in a regular WDW hotel, but we did stay there in 2013 for a quick overnight trip. I especially loved the polished hardwood floors!

It just felt so comfortable, really felt like home with no housework!

SteveO
11-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Very happy to hear you had a great stay. I'm staying at the YC in December and had been reading some reviews around the Internet that made it sound like the place was falling apart so I am very glad that you did not have any issues.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Very happy to hear you had a great stay. I'm staying at the YC in December and had been reading some reviews around the Internet that made it sound like the place was falling apart so I am very glad that you did not have any issues.

I read the same reviews which made me nervous...relax, it is great. As we headed out to Epcot one day, they were painting the railing outside which already looked fine to me but it was gleaming white when we got back. So, its not like they don't do upkeep around the place, I just don't get the negative reviews because our room was fine

buzznwoodysmom
11-11-2014, 04:24 PM
The funny thing is although I thought the lobby was stunning, I wasn't as impressed with Wilderness Lodge overall as I was with YC. I did listen to you and the others and am glad I switched to Yacht Club it was awesome

I think, for my family, WL feels like home because it was our first deluxe resort stay. It also makes a huge difference that our first stay at WL was the week before Christmas. You just can't get any better than that, in my opinion! When I think of WL I think of all our stays there as my kids were growing up. Our first stay there was when they were just 2 and 4. We have celebrated their birthdays there, and have now stayed they a total of 6 or 7 times.

However, as much as we love WL, and it's our "go to" resort for a holiday trip or during the cooler months, YC would definitely be our resort of choice during the summer months. If only we could afford it every time.....

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-12-2014, 12:18 PM
I think, for my family, WL feels like home because it was our first deluxe resort stay. It also makes a huge difference that our first stay at WL was the week before Christmas. You just can't get any better than that, in my opinion! When I think of WL I think of all our stays there as my kids were growing up. Our first stay there was when they were just 2 and 4. We have celebrated their birthdays there, and have now stayed they a total of 6 or 7 times.

However, as much as we love WL, and it's our "go to" resort for a holiday trip or during the cooler months, YC would definitely be our resort of choice during the summer months. If only we could afford it every time.....

It is a beautiful resort for Christmas:mickey:

MrPeetrie
11-12-2014, 03:26 PM

I second that!