PDA

View Full Version : Rules for getting extra Tier 1 FP+

Mr. Mouse 2 You
11-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Did a search, and didn't see this specific question addressed, so apologies if it's been discussed.

If you only select 1 advance Tier 1 FP+ (eg Test Track), and no Tier 2s, can you then take your Extra FP+ (for Soarin') after you've used the 1st one? Or do you have to select and use or bypass the 2 Tier 2s as well, before you're eligible for the Extra FP+?

Thanks

VWL Mom
11-08-2014, 06:50 PM
You need to select all three and they must all be used/expired before you can get the fourth.

Mr. Mouse 2 You
11-08-2014, 07:06 PM
So then the plan would be to take 2 early Tier 2s, even if you don't intend to use them, just so you're eligible for the 4th one? Seems wasteful if you end up blocking somebody else from one of those Tier 2 slots.

Strmchsr
11-08-2014, 08:20 PM
No you have to actually use those 2 tier 2's before you can get the 4th fastpass. Even if the selection expires you'll just have to select another tier 2 before you're allowed to try for another tier one. Once you have actually used all 3 of your original FP allotment (used, not selected and allowed to expire) then you can go back for #4 and the tiers at that point don't matter.

ransam
11-09-2014, 04:42 AM
I have said it before but i'll say it again. I don't like this at all.

I don't want my trip so planned. it really hurts on the park hopper idea.

VWL Mom
11-09-2014, 06:40 AM
No you have to actually use those 2 tier 2's before you can get the 4th fastpass. Even if the selection expires you'll just have to select another tier 2 before you're allowed to try for another tier one. Once you have actually used all 3 of your original FP allotment (used, not selected and allowed to expire) then you can go back for #4 and the tiers at that point don't matter.

Thanks for the update Chris, is this a recent change? The Disney Parks Blog release had it list as used or expired as did the Mom's Panel in July.

Once you’ve used your first three FastPass+ experiences (or the arrival windows for your selections have passed) you can select a fourth from any available FastPass+ experience.

I can assure you from experience that you will be able to secure a fourth FastPass+ selection once you have used the first 3, or the time has passed for each of your FastPass+ selections.

yankeesfan123
11-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the update Chris, is this a recent change? The Disney Parks Blog release had it list as used or expired as did the Mom's Panel in July.

It was used or expired for me in August.

cspenc28
11-09-2014, 08:52 AM
It was used or expired for me last month.

Polynesian Dweller
11-09-2014, 12:21 PM
And used or expired two weeks ago.

TikiGoddess
11-09-2014, 12:57 PM
How about this...

Make your Tier 1 FP+ for the earliest time available. Make your Tier 2 FP+ after that.

Then, when you get to the park, ride the Tier 1 ride early on in the time frame. After that, see if you can move up your Tier 2 ride time. Either ride it (early on in the time frame), or let the pass expire. Then reschedule your second Tier 2 ride to the earliest time available. That way you can start booking extra (i.e. Tier 1) FP+ earlier.

Make sense?
Kathy

Strmchsr
11-09-2014, 01:38 PM

It may have been a CM miscommunication (which, we know, happens often). When I was there a couple of weeks ago and tried to get the 4th FP after my other had expired (but not been used because lunch ran long) I was told we had to select another tier 2 and use it before we could select a tier 1.

Polynesian Dweller
11-09-2014, 02:24 PM
It may have been a CM miscommunication (which, we know, happens often). When I was there a couple of weeks ago and tried to get the 4th FP after my other had expired (but not been used because lunch ran long) I was told we had to select another tier 2 and use it before we could select a tier 1.

Thinking you might be right about CM miscommunication because that's not the way it worked for us two weeks ago. We twice had unused expired tier 2 FPs and no problems with a new tier 1.

azcavalier
11-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Yeah, that doesn't sound right. When we were there a month ago, the CM told us that we should choose two shows for Tier 2 FPs, because they only have 20 minute windows, and thus expire quicker, allowing us to select the 4th FP much sooner.

CanadaLovesDisney
11-27-2014, 12:30 AM
I am really glad I read this! Changed my itinerary big time! :thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
12-01-2014, 01:37 PM
How about this...

Make your Tier 1 FP+ for the earliest time available. Make your Tier 2 FP+ after that.

Then, when you get to the park, ride the Tier 1 ride early on in the time frame. After that, see if you can move up your Tier 2 ride time. Either ride it (early on in the time frame), or let the pass expire. Then reschedule your second Tier 2 ride to the earliest time available. That way you can start booking extra (i.e. Tier 1) FP+ earlier.

Make sense?
Kathy

We were able to do this last week and moved up several fast pass times to get earlier 4th fast passes. The biggest frustration is that you have to be in the park to book the 4th fast pass there. For example, you can't be in MK and book a 4th fast pass for Studios later in the day. We wanted to book our 4th fast pass for the evening/night, but if we weren't going to that park that night, we couldn't do it. This was very limiting. Also, you can only change fast passes that day on the app or at the kiosks/cast members with ipads; you can only change future fast passes on a regular computer from the My Disney Experience site. We still had a great trip, but now we're learning how to navigate with these new limitations.

yankeesfan123
12-01-2014, 07:22 PM
We were able to do this last week and moved up several fast pass times to get earlier 4th fast passes. The biggest frustration is that you have to be in the park to book the 4th fast pass there. For example, you can't be in MK and book a 4th fast pass for Studios later in the day. We wanted to book our 4th fast pass for the evening/night, but if we weren't going to that park that night, we couldn't do it. This was very limiting. Also, you can only change fast passes that day on the app or at the kiosks/cast members with ipads; you can only change future fast passes on a regular computer from the My Disney Experience site. We still had a great trip, but now we're learning how to navigate with these new limitations.

You can change same-day fast passes from the MDE app or MDE mobile site (or full site) on your phone. You don't have to go to a kiosk to change a FP choice.

MrPeetrie
12-01-2014, 07:46 PM
What I don't like here is it promotes tying up a Tier 2 FastPass (that one may not intend to use) in an effort to secure a 4th FastPass, mainly another Tier 1.

This methodology will actually add to wait times if people are reserving FastPasses they have no intention of using, while harming those that wish to obtain that FastPass and find it not available.

Not blaming OP here; thinking Disney has to come up with a better "work-around" on this.

Katzateer
12-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Once the times are expired you can get new FP's. We were assigned rides we do not ride, did not ride and once the times had expired we got new FP. With the help of a CM I even got our last assigned FP cancelled and was able to select a new one. My daughter missed one of her 7DMT FP because of transportation problems from resort (sigh. :(). And she got FP's at another park later in the day.

EeyoresBestFriend
12-19-2014, 08:59 PM

This is definitely a bump that Disney needs to re visit. I would like the option of being able to do only FP one ride or two if I want. Seems silly, like someone else said, to have to book for rides you don't want to go on and tie up the lines. :confused:

RunDMV
12-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Seems silly, like someone else said, to have to book for rides you don't want to go on and tie up the lines. :confused:

That is the whole point. #1) spread out the crowds. Adventure Land is crowded, open faspasses for Tomorrow Land.

#2) Give you a fastpass for a ride that never required it before. Those not in the know think they are getting something. Well, even some of those in the know like to think they are getting something when they know they are not. ("i arrived in the park with three fastpasses!" Never mind that 2 of the three attractions never required a FP to begin with.

Boost
12-21-2014, 09:25 AM
I agree with those who have said that this is a colossal pain.

I am old enough to remember the paper tickets. They were OK, but obviously, became pricey if you were an E-ticket person.

Next were the passports (I think that is what they were called). Much better and I remember that my mom loved them.

A few years ago, our family became annual passholders. We initially had the paper cards and then the hard cards. For us, the FastPass system with the cards worked fine.

With the advent of the wrist bands and all of the planning and strategizing that is now needed for FP, it takes some level of fun and spontaneity out of the experience.

I would love to see a return to the paper tickets and do away with this confusion.