PDA

View Full Version : Crowds this weekend?

baldburke
11-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Is anyone onsite to report on the crowds this weekend? We were there one year ago this weekend for a wedding and it was crazy busy! This weekend is the end of Food & Wine, the Wine & Dine Half and it's Veteran's Day weekend as a holiday for some. The mornings were okay, but by afternoon parks were packed!

AgentC
11-08-2014, 07:02 PM
We were at Epcot today from 12-4. It was packed. Long lines at all the stands in Epcot and barely any walking room.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-08-2014, 10:00 PM
We were there last weekend Sunday (AK and Epcot) and the crowds were worse than the Christmas trips we've done !

baldburke
11-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the info! Essentially any holiday (except maybe St. Pat's) is now super crowded? I bet even Columbus Day weekend is crowded?

LittleDreamer
11-10-2014, 03:14 PM
It was very crowded this weekend but it usually is. Being the last weekend of Food & Wine draws plenty of people hoping for one last round. On top of that it is usually a marathon weekend. The marathon is in the middle of the night, 10pm-4am I think is the window. Despite that the runners are in the park until about 8pm the night before and back out in them by 11am the next day.

AgentC
11-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the info! Essentially any holiday (except maybe St. Pat's) is now super crowded? I bet even Columbus Day weekend is crowded?

Pretty much anytime that has an long weekend attached to it or near it will make the crowds grow. I was there for Columbus Day weekend last year and it was quite busy.

ransam
11-14-2014, 01:49 AM
Columbus day was packed a couple years ago when we were there.

mcjaco
11-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Epcot was packed on the the 10th, and the MK was packed on the 11th.

It slowly got a bit more tolerable as the week progressed. I was not happy, as I did not plan on it being as bad as it was. We used to go this week back when I was a kid, and it was empty. Not so much anymore....

baldburke
11-18-2014, 12:47 PM
I was not happy, as I did not plan on it being as bad as it was. We used to go this week back when I was a kid, and it was empty. Not so much anymore....

Slow times are few and far between now! We like it right in the middle. Not too hot and not too cold, but also not too busy. I don't think I would ever go on a holiday week or June or July. The week after a holiday...sure!