PDA

View Full Version : Toledo Zoo Lights Before Christmas

TheVBs
11-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Just wondering if anyone has been to this before? We usually do another light show, but it's a drive through one. This one at the Toledo Zoo always looks really festive and fun, but it's a little farther away. If you've done it before, did you enjoy it? Was it very crowded? Is there enough parking? Thanks for any help on this! :mickey:

Nascfan
11-07-2014, 10:08 AM
I live in Toledo, been a member of the zoo for well over 20 years. Yes! This is well worth it! Over a million lights, different activities including ice carvings, a massive model train setup in the museum, and of course visits with Santa. The big 85 foot Norway Spruce tree is lit with 35,000 lights alone and is a favorite photo spot, along with at least a few marriage proposals I'm sure. Strolling carolers are on select nights. There is plenty of parking with the expanded lots they have.
Now, it can get quite crowded, especially on weekend nights with good weather. The people in this city know they have a good thing and will come out to support it. That being said, if you get there at an earlier rather than later time you shouldn't have a problem. You can actually get in as early at 3 p.m. to enjoy a little of the actual zoo and animals before the evening festivities. It's a world class zoo, and yet very walkable and right-sized. Food is of course available if desired.

TheVBs
11-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Thank you for filling me in! I was hoping someone who'd been there would pop in. It looks absolutely beautiful. We've been to the zoo before, it's been awhile, but it is a great zoo. I'm going to suggest it to DH. I know the girls will love it. Also noticed that you're able to book a sit down meal during the event. Have you done that? Was it good? Thanks again! :mickey:

Nascfan
11-07-2014, 02:36 PM
The Festive Feast at the Lodge? We have not done that, but I would not hesitate to do so. As it's only available Monday through Wednesday that does cut into our availability to do so.
If you do decide to do that, I would highly recommend Dec 1, 2, or 3 if you can to see the Winter Sisters by Laurel's Princess Parties. I personally know Laurel who owns that and she and her princesses are absolutely phenomenal. You've got girls?, they would LOVE it!

TheVBs
11-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Thank you for the tips! We're really looking forward to trying it. I'll let you know what we think. :)